Player Discussion Predict James Neal pt totals for this coming season

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think we underestimated his net presence on the PP.

That’s likely a easy 10 goals right there. It also opens up more lanes for other passes on the PP and McDavid could end up with over 130 points if that’s the case.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
if he lives up to his cap hit, and the Lucic retention, what a gift that would be.

It kind of fixes our whole cap problem. We'd still have a lot of dead cap from buyouts, but that's workable. It's only bad for the next two seasons. After that, I think a combo of growing cap plus expiring deals, can give us the cap space we need to keep players.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
if he lives up to his cap hit, and the Lucic retention, what a gift that would be.

It kind of fixes our whole cap problem. We'd still have a lot of dead cap from buyouts, but that's workable. It's only bad for the next two seasons. After that, I think a combo of growing cap plus expiring deals, can give us the cap space we need to keep players.
I don't even know that he has to live up to his cap hit. Just being a 4mil player will go a long ways for us.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
The Neal hype is building, guys on the main board are now saying what I already was saying about Neal getting 40+ goals.

It’s a good time to be an Oil fan boys!!!

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
If he keeps playing the way he is playing... well worth the extra 3rd rounder that conditionally could go with Lucic.

The Real Steal James Neal! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If he keeps playing the way he is playing... well worth the extra 3rd rounder that conditionally could go with Lucc.

The Real Steal James Neal! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I don't know, suppose to be a real deep draft not sure I want to give up that pick even if it means we are competitive all year with a shot at the playoffs.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I don't know, suppose to be a real deep draft not sure I want to give up that pick even if it means we are competitive all year with a shot at the playoffs.

Konavalov, Samorukov, Skinner, Berglund, Cairns, Niemeläinen, Slepyshev, Yakimov, Zharkov, Khaira, Ewanyuk, Perhonen, Martindale, Abney, Hesketh.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So what you’re saying is we should never try to improve the team cause it might be a good draft pick?

Reactions: TB12

kman23

Oct 7, 2019
Neal was burnt out from two Stanley Cup appearances in the two seasons prior to signing with Calgary. We will get the 'old' Neal, plus. PPlay plus 2 and 1 line mix will result in 35 goals and same number of assists. Great year for Neal is ahead!

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
Neal was burnt out from two Stanley Cup appearances in the two seasons prior to signing with Calgary. We will get the 'old' Neal, plus. PPlay plus 2 and 1 line mix will result in 35 goals and same number of assists. Great year for Neal is ahead!
exactly. he played in back to back stanley cup runs at 30+ he was gassed. james neal is too good of a hockey player to score 20+ for the better part of a decade and then out of nowhere he is dead weight and can't put up 10. there is pressure on him but its not the same pressure as it was in calgary, in edmonton the pressure is to live up to lucic which he can do. i wouldn't be surprised to see him score 20 or even 25. the summer off will be wonderful for him.

Reactions: noeticfuzz

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I dont think that giving up a player that has a 12% chance of making the NHL is really that much of a concern.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
giphy.gif

Reactions: Senor Catface

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Why I personally loved the trade was the fact that Lucic's contract was by far the worst contract in the league - buyout proof, UNtradeable, NMC with repercussions re: Seattle next year. I thought hey, if Neal can score 6 goals this season and win us a couple of games and, at the very least, be mildly physical on a second or third line... at least we can buy him out. We're the Oilers, we should always prepare for the shittiest outcome. And it was just infinitely better with Neal than it was with Lucic.

He has 6 goals, won us 2 games and its game 3 of the season. Calgary can't buy Lucic out.

The Real Steal. 15+ looks exceedingly doable at this point.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Man, Gretzky must be crapping his pants now. That 50 goals in 39 games, he said was one of the hardest record to break. 92 goals in a season is just as hard. Those are definitely in jeopardy now. Imagine 50 goals in 25 games for Neal.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I'm still going to predict only 20-25 goals (which would still make the trade a massive win).

He's still going to have off nights and may miss games.

That being said, it's looking like he's going to win the Oilers a few games this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad