• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
100 will be the lowest

So for the 104 point scenario you're predicting at least 4 of LA, Vegas, Dallas and Nashville exceed the record they've put up to date, and basically all play .700 hockey, and that Calgary doesn't falter either. If you're including Anaheim and Vancouver in the hunt, they'd need over .800. That's pretty bold.

FYI. In the last complete NHL season 104 points was good for 2nd overall in the West and 3rd overall in the East. The year before 4th in the West, 5th in the East (also the same the year before that).

Somehow though it's only good for 8th this year.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Not only is it a lot of home games, but less travel (more home games in a row, some quick cups of tea in Calgary)

Could be a monster month for us

Reactions: oilers'72

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Not only is it a lot of home games, but less travel (more home games in a row, some quick cups of tea in Calgary)

Could be a monster month for us

Good point. Once they get home on Friday, they only have to cross the border twice in a month for the quick two-gamer vs. Colorado and Dallas (there and back) and likely only 3 or 4 nights in a hotel room.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Good point. Once they get home on Friday, they only have to cross the border twice in a month for the quick two-gamer vs. Colorado and Dallas (there and back).
This past dozen games or so has been insane travel. Jumping all over the place. One random home game tossed in here and there that might as well be a road game because they still had to come in from another time zone and then get on a plane and go to a different time zone that night. Plus the worst stretch of tough opponents. Just brutal.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
104 will be the pts we need

2nd place in our division, the Kings, are pacing for 101 points.
3rd place in our division, the Golden Knights, are pacing for 96 points.

Nashville and Dallas, the two wild card teams, are pacing for 99 points and 96 points.

Explain why we need to have 104 points, please.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
100 will be the lowest
Poster doesn't understand math without telling anybody. 100pts has never been required to make the playoffs for any team in any division in history of league.

lol is there inflation on points as well.

I picked 8 wins in the thread basically because I can't pick 8 and 9. (both)

People forget that "home" is not an advantage for the Oilers, they play worse at home, seem to get tighter, and more likely to make mistakes, get out of schemes, force plays.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Poster doesn't understand math without telling anybody. 100pts has never been required to make the playoffs for any team in any division in history of league.

lol is there inflation on points as well.

I picked 8 wins in the thread basically because I can't pick 8 and 9. (both)

People forget that "home" is not an advantage for the Oilers, they play worse at home, seem to get tighter, and more likely to make mistakes, get out of schemes, force plays.
Holy crap I've aced the last couple months. Had the right number of W's in February as well. Went to Edo yesterday and my order number was 649. All these signs...

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Holy crap I've aced the last couple months. Had the right number of W's in February as well. Went to Edo yesterday and my order number was 649. All these signs...

The only problem was your home prediction, they’ve turned it into a fortress with this winning streak.

Reactions: Faelko

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Now we aren't good on the road.. In case that seems glass half empty view at least I predicted an Oilers winning record in Feb and March.

True, it’s an impressive prediction, I didn’t even bother trying so wasn’t meaning to critique just thought it was interesting that the opposite carried out in that sense. Would be nice for them to be good on the road again as well :crossfing They’ve been road warriors the last few seasons from what I recall

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00