Predict Da Costas season debut

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Can't see DaCosta getting less than 12min TOI. He's a top liner in the AHL with NHL experience + offensive flair. Even if he played with JOB and Condra, I expect he'll be setting them up and his creativity will let them crash the net and look for garbage goals.

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Not only will he break Daryl Sittler's points in a game record, he'll break Gretzky's Goal, Assisst and Point season records. That's right, Stephane Da Costa will score 93 goals and 164 assissts for 257 points, all tonight. If we start scoring right now, the Sens need to score an average 6.05 goals per minute with Da Costa contributing to every single one. But I think he'll do it.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
He looked decent to me tonight. I can't argue with Mclean's lineup as the Sens won the game, but I'd like to see DaCosta with some skileld wingers

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
i liked him. put some pucks in the slot for his linemates and played a half-decent defensive game. i'd like to see him with some better wingers.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
MacLean said he was one of his standouts tonight. For the 7 minutes he did play, he was a factor out there. Great board play, a couple real good passes and almost scored.

Remember that Zibanejad played first couple games in the 9 minute mark before getting into the top-line.

Also, we didn't have a PP after that first ****ing goal by Karlsson so we never really saw him at his best.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I guess it's a smarter way to introduce a player into the lineup without making him feel like all the attention and pressure is on him to produce or he'll be sent back down. This way he knows they're giving him a chance to get settled and show what he can really do and that they have confidence in him.

george8it

Jul 19, 2012
i liked him. put some pucks in the slot for his linemates and played a half-decent defensive game. i'd like to see him with some better wingers.

I agree. It is too bad that there are those who would judge someone before they are given the chance. I thought DaCosta played well, with a couple of amazing plays late in the 3rd.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Da Costa probably isn't the strongest player on the team so easing him in the line up makes a whole lot of sense

Giving him top 6 minutes from the get-go is asking for trouble down the line

Love the kid though, great vision and sweet hands

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Him and Regin were awesome in the circle

We need to be very good at faceoffs if the teamis to be successful

To be fair, Buffalo doesn't have anyone over 50% at the dot (not counting Vanek's one winning attempt), so lets not get too excited :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad