Speculation: Predict Buffalo's October 2018 Record

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I feel like a hockey strength of schedule, especially considered as granular as per-month, doesn't really fluctuate. Especially in a month where we start with 4 straight home games. If it looks hard it's because our team has sucked for most of the last decade.

The Sabres are going to beat the Preds/Leafs/Knights/Sharks etc. this year, not all of them, but they're getting wins against these teams, and they're losing games to Ottawa/MTL/Vancouver etc.
Yeah. Obviously some teams are better than others but it's silly to look at schedule and think we're only going to win vs bottom dwellers and never beat a top team.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
So we lose the first game in overtime but looks promising. We get our hopes up. Then we lose the next 3 at home. Somehow we start looking good on the west coast trip until Anaheim. Then we lose the rest of the month. I’ve seen this story before. So like 3-6-3

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
7-3-2.

Eichel looks like an early MVP candidate.
Dahlin turns it on after 3-4 games of experience. Clear Calder favorite.
Reinhart is ppg.
Nylander provides real secondary scoring on a non Eichel line.
Hutton is solid and keeps us in games.
Mittelstadt is quiet in the first month, not terribly bad or terribly good.

Man, 1 win off.

Eichel looks good, maybe very good, but not near MVP.

Dahlin won't be the calder favorite without points, because Pettersson.

Reinhart should be discussed more here as an early failure.

Nylander lost the numbers game, sadly.

Hutton is solid and keeps us in games. Pretty much this.

Mittelstadt is quiet in the first month, not terribly bad or terribly good. Pretty much this.

Not bad.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Yeah by my count the team outperformed expectations of 27 people and underperformed for 5.

So much for "its not pessimism, its reality ", right @Dingo44 ?

Funny how this thread's post mortem has been glossed over

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Yeah by my count the team outperformed expectations of 27 people and underperformed for 5.

So much for "its not pessimism, its reality ", right @Dingo44 ?

Funny how this thread's post mortem has been glossed over

It is just funny how we're in the middle of a five game point streak and we're already discussing moving out core players for peanuts.

Last game just left a REAL bad taste in people's mouth, myself included. But I'm still not ready to start panicking. We have some real winnable games coming up, and to be able to have a clunker or two and still get points says something. We would have already cratered last year at this point.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
It is just funny how we're in the middle of a five game point streak and we're already discussing moving out core players for peanuts.

Last game just left a REAL bad taste in people's mouth, myself included. But I'm still not ready to start panicking. We have some real winnable games coming up, and to be able to have a clunker or two and still get points says something. We would have already cratered last year at this point.
It’s mostly just Risto, who has been an addition by subtraction candidate for his entire career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad