Pre-Game Talk: Predators vs. Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I think inevitably Geno can do great with Kessel. I personally just hate seeing Hags/Kess taken away from one another because they are magic together.

But inevitably if Hags/Sid and Kessel/Geno can connect, then who cares.

Hagelin-Sid-Horny and Kunitz-Geno-Kessel (I prefer Bones to Kunitz, but that won't happen) would be sick. At the same time, Sid, Geno, and HBK is my preference . . . maybe you'll see Sully testing both, something that would bear big fruit in the playoffs.

But, with Sid out and HBK struggling (tougher matchups, struggling to recapture the magic, ???), I think you don't hesitate to mix things up.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Fun lines.

Been saying Kessel and Malkin have that Red Army telepathy going on. Have to see how well they finish with one another though. Kessel was the clear gunner on the HBK line, but he may defer to Malkin too much. If not, they should be magic together IMHO.

Can't wait to see Rust and Hagelin together on the forecheck.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That is really funny with his offensive replacement standing right there.

"I missed you lazy..... Where were you when we were raising the cup?"

Maybe . . . "I missed you lazy . . . but this one makes plays and scores in the playoffs".

OR . . . "I missed you lazy . . . how did your team like the borscht I sent . . . food poisoning . . . you don't say".

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
BTW.. I hate all the James Neal hate. While the trade worked out for us, it also worked out for Nashville. It was a good trade for both teams. That doesn't make Neal a bad player in any way.

And truthfully, Neal helped us win a Stanley Cup by clogging Fleury in the head with a puck and allowing Murray to play.

Oh I don't hate Neal at all, I was just poking fun because Malkin will be playing with Kessel, who is who we wished Neal would have been :laugh:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Fun lines.

Been saying Kessel and Malkin have that Red Army telepathy going on. Have to see how well they finish with one another though. Kessel was the clear gunner on the HBK line, but he may defer to Malkin too much. If not, they should be magic together IMHO.

Can't wait to see Rust and Hagelin together on the forecheck.

And visa versa.

But, if they figure out the balance, as you said . . . magic.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Two teams that play a similar style. Hopefully the Preds aren't too drained from the game last night AND the food poisoning.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Two teams that play a similar style. Hopefully the Preds aren't too drained from the game last night AND the food poisoning.

Eh, I'm not sentimental. If Subban is tired and ******** his pants instead of punching Malkin in the head all game, then I'll be fine with that.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Yeah, if I'm being cynical about it, then I'd like the Pens to take advantage of their situation.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Jesus. Rough night for my fantasy team. Johansen, Subban and Letang all possibly out.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
BTW.. I hate all the James Neal hate. While the trade worked out for us, it also worked out for Nashville. It was a good trade for both teams. That doesn't make Neal a bad player in any way.

And truthfully, Neal helped us win a Stanley Cup by clogging Fleury in the head with a puck and allowing Murray to play.

I don't think anyone hates on Neal. That trade was still bad as far as value goes and there is no covering that up.

Hornqvist and Spaling for a point per game winger.

It worked out, but it could have been easier with the right second piece.

It still cost more later to set the stage.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
On the who's sick front . . .

On the Cullen front . . . :laugh:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Cullen looks as good as or better than he looked at any point last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->