GDT: Predators @ Tropical Storms - Game 5 - 5/25/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I was just getting ready to post the GDT...

star wars poster 1977 - Google Search

On this day in 1977, the original SW came out.

Han shot first!

I have a bad feeling about this.

That’s no moon.

Would someone get this giant walking carpet out of my way.

May the Force be with you!

Only Han shot ... there was no first and second. Greedo shooting second was revisionist. Him shooting first was fake news.

Reactions: hockey diva

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Tonight is a series of interrelated tests. Can the Nines generate on the road? Was the 5on4 PP goal a fluke or can we keep that going? Will we finally solve Carolina in their barn where we've struggled now for years? Can Tolvanen be part of the offense on the road in this series?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Tonight is a series of interrelated tests. Can the Nines generate on the road? Was the 5on4 PP goal a fluke or can we keep that going? Will we finally solve Carolina in their barn where we've struggled now for years? Can Tolvanen be part of the offense on the road in this series?
Do we need goals out of the PP as set up now or is simply not giving up more chances the other way good enough? The current units aren't thinking too much this way, basically just going out there and playing hockey. I guess it all depends on if the Nine_Line can contribute right after a PP even if the PP didn't score. As you said, many questions and moving parts this evening. Looking forward to getting it started and answering some of those questions.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Do we need goals out of the PP as set up now or is simply not giving up more chances the other way good enough? The current units aren't thinking too much this way, basically just going out there and playing hockey. I guess it all depends on if the Nine_Line can contribute right after a PP even if the PP didn't score. As you said, many questions and moving parts this evening. Looking forward to getting it started and answering some of those questions.

We need goals. I don't care if Benning discovers his inner Nystrom and nets four. I don't care if it's the Nines line. This team needs to find a way to score in Raleigh.

10ish% conversion on the PP this series is well below league norms. We don't need a stellar PP ... we need one that isn't inept which is about where the 5on4 PP is right now. The current approach is interesting with regular forward lines rotating through rather than the dedicated PP1 and PP2 that honestly weren't doing much for the past six weeks and nothing against Carolina all year.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Vamos los Perds! I really have no idea how this game goes tonight, just have to hope we come out of the gate strong. We've played a lot of hockey already here; have a feeling we'll see some depth players step up with contributions (hopefully it's our depth guys vs CAR's).

Reactions: bdub24 and weeze

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
10ish% conversion on the PP this series is well below league norms. We don't need a stellar PP ... we need one that isn't inept which is about where the 5on4 PP is right now. The current approach is interesting with regular forward lines rotating through rather than the dedicated PP1 and PP2 that honestly weren't doing much for the past six weeks and nothing against Carolina all year.

Yep and to this point I don't even care about the overall average in the series. The series is tied 2-2 so we're starting over. Let's get up into the 20%+ range where we want to be going forward.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
I know we are opposite sides at the moment, but Saros has been beastly. His hot streak has been amazing! Okay now I will f*** off to where I came from. Good luck but not too much.

Reactions: PredsV82

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I would like to see Saros get more help. Stop screening your goaltender.
He has had a shit ton of help especially with his rebounds. Sure there have been a couple gafs, mostly by Ellis, this series but Carolina has a ridiculous amount of nothing burger shots from outside and bad angles. Without the help he's gotten clearing rebounds and people this series would be over.

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Need to break our pattern from earlier in our playoff history.

Twice before against Detroit we were the bottom seed. Lost games 1 and 2 away, won games 3 and 4 at home, then lost the next 2.

Also did the same against Pittsburgh.

Break the pattern... win Game 5

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Preds scored only 2 goals in the first 2 games, followed by 9 goals in the next 2 games.

Does Nashville have momentum on their side?

Have the Preds solved the Canes rookie goalie?

Can they win a game in Raleigh?

Will Brind'Amour complain to and about the on ice officials?

Reactions: bdub24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad