Apr 2, 2010
TN
Don't mind it at all.

bass1_zpsmgpydokb.gif

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Good pickup, you need nastiness, grit and size in the Western Conference. Brings good leadership and experience to in someway replace the absence of Goose and Nystrom. I'd bring back Bourque since he can produce more and doesn't take a lot of penalties, like Bass does. Salomaki-Sissons-Bourque is heck of a 4th line. Salomaki-Sissons-Bass doesn't sound too bad, either. Having two natural centers is a good thing on the 4th line.

All in all, I'd prefer Bass as a scratch who could come in and play 10-20 games a season, but he certainly isn't the worst option on the 4th line.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
Wasn't bad this season, brings some nastiness and can drop gloves. He has that look in his eyes that gets him under your skin before the game even starts.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Cody Bass? Gabriel Bourque? What about Filip Forsberg? Get it done!

Recent quote from Poile on why signing Forsberg might take a while;

CjzTJXTUkAA6yTJ.jpg:large

As for Bass, I like him. Did well in the playoffs before the injury. And it's always good to have people in the pipeline in case of an injury.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Patience, I know. I just get panicky early. Like I did with Suter and Vesey. And the whole Weber thing. But you're right, all I remember are the bad things. There were many, many successful deals. It's just that Poile's laid back, calm, no hurry personality drives me crazy sometime. Oh, well!
I wouldn't worry yet. Filip wants to stay here and isn't the type to command absurd money. It would take a complete debacle for him to not be back with us for awhile IMO.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Bass is on a 2 way cheap contract. We are losing Goose and Nystrom so a big 4th liner isn't a bad guy to have against certain teams. He can be sent to Milwaukee so I don't see a problem with the signing at all.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Bass isn't an upgrade over anyone on our roster. He hasn't had a point in the NHL this decade has he? Wait check that he has had one.

Watson is a better player IMHO.

I do agree that Watson should be on the roster over bass

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Bass isn't an upgrade over anyone on our roster. He hasn't had a point in the NHL this decade has he? Wait check that he has had one.

Watson is a better player IMHO.

I am about out of patience with Watson. Bass isn't anything special, but at least he wins faceoffs. Watson does a little bit of everything "okay," but nothing well enough to justify a roster spot, IMO.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I am about out of patience with Watson. Bass isn't anything special, but at least he wins faceoffs. Watson does a little bit of everything "okay," but nothing well enough to justify a roster spot, IMO.

Well, I can't argue with that but he looks much better offensively.

Bass is worse offensively than anyone else on our team.

Both are the answer to the queston of "Who should be a healthy scratch"

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Well, I can't argue with that but he looks much better offensively.

Bass is worse offensively than anyone else on our team.

Both are the answer to the queston of "Who should be a healthy scratch"

Watson is better offensively but Bass is more sound defensively. I remember last season it felt like everytime Watson was on the PK we got scored on. It got way better when Ny and Watson weren't on it anymore.

On my 4th line, I take the defensive guy. Watson isn't a bad healthy scratch, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad