Confirmed with Link: Predators re-sign Yakov Trenin to two-year, one-way deal [$725,000 AAV]

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
If we can trade Watson for literally anything, count me in. If not, he’s a decent depth option, albeit an expensive one.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I love this signing, he's got the contract now he needs to go out there and prove that not only does he deserve it, but that he deserves even better in 2022. Hopefully he's more of a 3rd liner pushing for a 2nd line spot rather than a 4th liner pushing for a healthy scratch.

If Craig Smith is gone, seems like there's a spot open next to Grimaldi and Bonino that Trenin could slot right into if he puts in the work.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
$25k cheaper than I expected too! So all's good... until Seattle comes along anyway. I'd already take him amongst our current options. So it'll be a double-edged sword all season - the better he plays, the better for us in the shortest term but all the more likely Seattle takes him. :(

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Trenin and Tolvanen will get Smith and Granlunds roster spots, saving around 7 million dollars. Who slots into what line is all that remains to be settled.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Trenin and Tolvanen will get Smith and Granlunds roster spots, saving around 7 million dollars. Who slots into what line is all that remains to be settled.

I do not know but I'm getting mixed signals about Ciggaran's income. Also, the Preds would have room for T. Hall or an insane idea of Hoffman. There is alot that could happen; can Tomassino play at the CHL? Will there an AHL season and will they waive the 20 year old rule? So much can change.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I do not know but I'm getting mixed signals about Ciggaran's income. Also, the Preds would have room for T. Hall or an insane idea of Hoffman. There is alot that could happen; can Tomassino play at the CHL? Will there an AHL season and will they waive the 20 year old rule? So much can change.

I don't think the AHL will start until January, if at all. He can stay in the CHL for another season, then he will turn 20.

If the Admirals play, he can join them for the playoffs after the season is over in Oshawa. It happens almost every year. Trenin did it in 2105-16 (2 PO games) and 2016-17 when he played five games in the regular season and one PO game.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
The only way the Preds would have room for Hall would be to lose Turris. With Turris, and a default roster filled with kids and 1 open spot, the Preds have a little over $5M in cap space. So bare minimum you would still have to buy out Turris and open up that extra $4M in cap space.

I do think the CHL will happen. They have been working that angle pretty hard to to a starting point later in the winter for the OHL season, anyway. But --- will the World Juniors happen? Will a large enough 2nd wave come along and scuttle the current plans? I think the Preds can at least take a super-close look at Tomasino. The NHL has announced their protocol for off-season training, and I would make sure Tomasino is front and center in that for our team. They'll be able to tell if he's legitimately able to start in the NHL this year or not.

NHL.com Media Site

I have greater doubts about the AHL being able to go. Unless NHL teams are willing to essentially bankroll them. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I posted Watson + Santini for a 4th
I think if our whole team had banner years and played up to their potential, and it was only Watson who seemed to be in a funk, then ok, go ahead and scapegoat Watson.

But what I saw instead was basically all of our non-3rd line forward group (and Jarnkrok) had off years in one way or another. So I don't see what the point is in scapegoating a 4th line player who really isn't counted on to be a difference-maker. Yes, Watson got caught chasing the play too much, and he wasn't as good as he has been for us before. But he's not old, and he's on a very affordable contract. And our team is very small and weak. The value of Watson returning to form is just much greater than the value of anything we can get for him in a trade. All he has to do is get back out in front of the play a little more - keep throwing those hits, but close the gap. A 4th line player who will lead the team in hits and chip in 10 goals is a valuable commodity for our team. Watson can definitely do that. It's too facile too pile on him for a bad season when so many other more prominent players had bad seasons on our team, and there was so much chaos in the coaching and on-ice structure for the team.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Santini will probably be bought out. Only $41,667 cap hit the first year, $275,000 the second.
I wonder what the NHL will do if there is no AHL next season. Still have assignment waivers and buried cap-hits as usual? Assuming that, it's interesting indeed that now Sanitini's buyout cap hit is lower than his buried remainder, and certainly the cash payout is much lower, so that's a good catch... it's money saved.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Your correct and from the looks of thing we can expect another kid brought up and put into the lineup. I expect Duchene will yet again be on the wing on that 2nd line. The other Kid will go to 3 or 4 th line until the 2nd line crashes and then it will be chinese checkers. It all reeks of stand pat Poile. If this in fact does happen we are going to get a look at what a Predators rebuild in fact does look like something we have never seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad