GDT: Predators @ Lightning (7:30PM ET / 6:30PM CT)

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Fiala and Forsberg were buzzing out there. The fight with Diaby was insane, those two were trading blows for a solid minute, hard. Goalie got left out to dry on a goal, another there was nothing he could do, straight puck luck. Can't offer much more, didn't recognize a lot of the other guys

Thanks for the insight man. Was Forsberg's goal pretty nice?

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Mazanec is 23 and playing his 2nd season on smaller ice. It is way too early to know how he's going to turn out. Same can be said for Hellberg. At 23 Rinne looked good, but he wasn't what he is today. Both Mazanec and Hellberg need time to develop. Same will go for Saros. The good news is we have nothing but time. By the time Rinne starts to decline we'll have someone ready to take his spot. We're in a very good situation with our goalie depth.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Think it's a little early to be writing the Mazanec obituary.

youre right but we have certainly seen enough similar flameouts to be worried at this point.

edited to add, at age 23 Rinne went 30-18-2 with Milwaukee, and led them to the Calder cup finals

Last edited:

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
youre right but we have certainly seen enough similar flameouts to be worried at this point.

edited to add, at age 23 Rinne went 30-18-2 with Milwaukee, and led them to the Calder cup finals

And Hellberg was 22-13-0 with 2.14 gga and 0.924 sv% in his first season with the Ads. Mazanec was 18-10-3 with 2.44 gga and 0.919 sv% in his first season. Rinne had 2.82 gga and 0.904 sv% in his first season.

The point? Hellberg and Mazanec are too young to judge right now. They need to develop, and they have that luxury. With Saros looking like a top prospect, our goalie pool is deep. I still think Lindbäck was rushed. If he would have been given the time to develop then he would be a better goalie today. Let the kids develop. Goalies take the longest to develop and are usually the worst to rush.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Highlights from the game

Forsberg's wrister was nice and the pass from Roy to Smith for a goal in traffic was nice!
Didn't show any of the trainwreck of a 3rd period after Mazanec got in.

Thanks for the link.

I wish they would have put more in there. Would have been nice to see how some of the prospects played other than only showing goal scoring plays.:shakehead

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
And Hellberg was 22-13-0 with 2.14 gga and 0.924 sv% in his first season with the Ads. Mazanec was 18-10-3 with 2.44 gga and 0.919 sv% in his first season. Rinne had 2.82 gga and 0.904 sv% in his first season.

The point? Hellberg and Mazanec are too young to judge right now. They need to develop, and they have that luxury. With Saros looking like a top prospect, our goalie pool is deep. I still think Lindbäck was rushed. If he would have been given the time to develop then he would be a better goalie today. Let the kids develop. Goalies take the longest to develop and are usually the worst to rush.

I dont disagree, and the truth is we dont have much choice.

Its Rinne and Hutton in Nashville, and Maz and Hellberg in Milwaukee, until Saros is ready to come over.

As long as one of Maz or Hellberg regains their form, we will have a decent option should Hutton get hurt or leave after his next deal. But right now they both look shaky, and after watching Finley, Smith, and Pickard all flame out, it should to worry you.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I dont disagree, and the truth is we dont have much choice.

Its Rinne and Hutton in Nashville, and Maz and Hellberg in Milwaukee, until Saros is ready to come over.

As long as one of Maz or Hellberg regains their form, we will have a decent option should Hutton get hurt or leave after his next deal. But right now they both look shaky, and after watching Finley, Smith, and Pickard all flame out, it should to worry you.

Our goalie prospects are the least of my worries. If they all flame out, goalies are the easiest to pick up. We wouldn't end up with a superstar, but there are plenty of decent goalies that have been signed to cheap deals or dealt for a good price. I'm more worried about our forwards developing into the offensive players that we need them to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad