GDT: Predators @ Jets (1/12/20) 1:00pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
The Preds have looked way more in control, not of the game but in their game. They don't look as "Helter Skelter" as they had been playing. Looks like there positions and roles are more defined on the ice. Sorry Josi's point streak ended but I will take and I am sure he will also the win over his point streak. Now lets put five or six wins together!

I am liking the youngsters play (Tinordi, Trennin, Blackwell, Carrier)! New blood is probably making a few guys nervous! And it should! Good win against a team we have had a hard time beating and a hard time playing at. And a shut out to boot!

Reactions: Legionnaire11

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The Preds have looked way more in control, not of the game but in their game. They don't look as "Helter Skelter" as they had been playing. Looks like there positions and roles are more defined on the ice. Sorry Josi's point streak ended but I will take and I am sure he will also the win over his point streak. Now lets put five or six wins together!

I am liking the youngsters play (Tinordi, Trennin, Blackwell, Carrier)! New blood is probably making a few guys nervous! And it should! Good win against a team we have had a hard time beating and a hard time playing at. And a shut out to boot!
I’m surprised at the play of Tinordi. He seems to understand his limitations and concentrates on pure D played with a heavy hand. I had been led to believe he was useless. So far, looking pretty good. Trenin and Blackwell have added a lot . They actually look potentially more than 4th liners. Carrier hasn’t played enough to measure his ability yet. But it is nice to have some fresh faces.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If the call-ups keep playing like they have in the past couple of games then the staff has some interesting, and tough, choices to make once everyone is healthy. Somebody from the Tinordi, Carrier, Hamhuis, Weber/Irwin grouping has to sit once Fabbro returns with another defensive choice when Ellis is healthy.

We'll see if Poile plays it safe with the roster moves with Hynes behind the bench or if he risks exposing players to waivers and we see the likes of Irwin dangled on the wire.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Sissons coming back will make it an interesting situation too. I'd guess Carrier will be the first to go down when Fabbro comes back just based on how little we've used him. Would have preferred to give him more of a real look rather than scratch him in half the games since he's been called up, but it is what it is. Beyond that is where it gets real interesting as Blackwell has been up long enough that he will have to go through waivers, and Tinordi is at 6 games and 16 days on the roster so depending on how the situation develops he could need to go through waivers too. Lots of options when/if we get fully healthy that's for sure, but I see that as a big positive since it should push everyone to want to play better and cement their spot in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad