Predators getting hosed

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
and the non call of the obvious boarding that would have given us a 5 on 3...

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
That goal call was just bizarre. Don't forget Ribiero got boarded by Haula with no call right before that.

Not boarding - Ribero turned at the last second. Would have been shoulder to shoulder. Watch the replay.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Worst "review" call I've ever seen. If you don't have video evidence, the call on the ice has to stand.

But instead, Toronto decides to assume the puck had to be in the net, after the whistle had blown, and after a no-goal call had been made.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Parise also "sold" the hook and there is no double minor in the rules for hooking.

To be fair, apparently there were two instances of hooking called on Fisher, but then again, how often do you see it called twice? They ignore the additional infractions and just let the 2 min penalty stand.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
What is the problem with taking 2 penalties at a time? It isn't a double minor, it is two minors. The first hook was weak, the second was nearly identical but brought down Parise (possibly embellished). Either way, nothing wrong with it. I wish the refs would have the sack to give multiple penalties when deserved.

Regarding the goal, absolutely bizzare to count that, couldn't see the puck in the replay. If they pulled it out of the net though then that would be fine

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Worst "review" call I've ever seen. If you don't have video evidence, the call on the ice has to stand.

But instead, Toronto decides to assume the puck had to be in the net, after the whistle had blown, and after a no-goal call had been made.

Your complaints are wrong. Video replay rules were changed to allow deductive reasoning in determining if the puck crossed the line. This was a clear case of that. Could not see the puck crossing the line, but where the puck ended up it had to have been over the line. Correct call.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
What is the problem with taking 2 penalties at a time? It isn't a double minor, it is two minors. The first hook was weak, the second was nearly identical but brought down Parise (possibly embellished). Either way, nothing wrong with it. I wish the refs would have the sack to give multiple penalties when deserved.

How often do you see it though? All the time you see a guy slash, followed by a hook or trip, and the refs only call one penalty.

Regarding the goal, absolutely bizzare to count that, couldn't see the puck in the replay. If they pulled it out of the net though then that would be fine

They pulled it out from somewhere, but you couldn't tell where. For all we knew, the puck was 99.9% in the net, but still touching the goal line.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Your complaints are wrong. Video replay rules were changed to allow deductive reasoning in determining if the puck crossed the line. This was a clear case of that. Could not see the puck crossing the line, but where the puck ended up it had to have been over the line. Correct call.

Nobody saw where it ended up. How do you deduce it's over the line?

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011
How often do you see it though? All the time you see a guy slash, followed by a hook or trip, and the refs only call one penalty.

They pulled it out from somewhere, but you couldn't tell where. For all we knew, the puck was 99.9% in the net, but still touching the goal line.

Srsly..Jones was sitting in the net and Roy was digging it out from under him, elbow deep. There was no way that puck wasn't in the net.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
I agree, which is why I said I wish they would do it more. Likely because he took em on either end of the ice so each ref made a different call.

I didn't see where the puck came from on the replay but if they are using real logic finally to deduct, more to them.

Billy Mays Here*

Just a bunch of complaining about good calls in this thread, move along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland