Eklund Rumor: Predators getting calls on Turris

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Predators getting calls on Turris. Rumors swirling in Vancouver

Eklunds's exact quotes:

"I am at a family event, but I had to put this out there now. The Predators May be up to something surprising...besides sweeping Alberta.

I am hearing Turris name out there and I was told by at least one source that if Turris was in a trade it would be a very big deal and the Preds would be “absolutely going for it.” I have always said, despite his Spock-like demeanor, David Poile is anything but cautious. Think about the deals he has pulled off recently...

Also, a source texted me a heads up: ”look into what is being talked about in Vancouver.” They are talking about making a deal that is being described as “the biggest trade they have made in a decade.”

Back with more after this event....probably around 3 ET. The fun never ends!"

Last edited:

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
What's with the quotation marks? Are you quoting someone? If so, please provide a link. If you're just saying this yourself, then why the quotes, and I prepare for this to be locked.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Heard it from at least 1 source. Maybe that's the problem. Maybe he should wait till he hears it from at least 2 sources

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Lol? Unless we’re getting Horvat back there’s nothing on the canucks roster that makes sense to trade Turris for

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Turris being added to for an upgrade on Turris is the only thing that would make sense for us "going for it". If we traded him for anything but a center then he creates a hole on our 2nd line

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
Lol? Unless we’re getting Horvat back there’s nothing on the canucks roster that makes sense to trade Turris for
The way I read this, was that the Vancouver rumor was separate from the Turris one. These are 2 different rumors, and not linked at all. So Nashville would not be making the Turris trade with the Canucks.
Don't worry, it's trash anyway

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
At one point Eklund really did have a source connected to Nashville. He called Peter Forsberg to the Preds before anybody else. Of course that was 10 years ago. I'm shocked he still generates enough revenue to run his site.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
At one point Eklund really did have a source connected to Nashville. He called Peter Forsberg to the Preds before anybody else. Of course that was 10 years ago. I'm shocked he still generates enough revenue to run his site.

I think he also called the Jones-Johansen deal, but I'm pretty sure my grandma could have seen that one coming.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I’m beginning to think if I called him up and told him that Pens were trading Crosby he would write an article about it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I'll reopen this once a link to this quote has been provided.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So are the Preds getting calls about Turris (strange) or are they pursuing a big "going for it" deal? Those don't have to be mutually exclusive, but I don't see a lot of GMs reaching out to Poile to give us a better player in exchange for Turris.

It's Eklund...I'm not supposed to think that hard about it am I?

Special shout-out for the commenter in that link who believes we'll trade Turris for a starting goaltender.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
It's more of a I'll believe it when I see it but the talk of Vancouver/Benning pulling off his biggest deal every is extremely scary.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Its been like a decade of made up, straight up LIES by Eklund, and yet HF still feeds his profits, and allows his bullshit to fester.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Turris and Tolvanen for a better center...even then, what center are we getting back for that package. Hell, lets add our first to that package and I still don't know what player would be coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad