GDT: Predators (8 PM, FSD)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
F this organization man... I hope we get lit up... No way in hell should Cholo be benched

38, 35, 34, 33, 28, 28... Those are the ages of our defensemen playing tonight

Cholowski hasn't been good. He doesn't get to just keep playing if he's struggling because he's 20.

Reactions: MacGyver

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Two points in 19 games and a vast number of mistakes. I'm a huge Cholo fan, but he not been good lately.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Cholowski isn’t going to get better by sitting. These kids need to play. Having Hronek not on the roster and Cholowski sitting is pretty shitty. Hronek has definitely earned his spot, and Cholowski has struggled lately for sure, but he’s still, in my opinion at least, the best puck moving defenceman that we have. To have vets playing over these kids is just :facepalm:

Make a trade, do something...

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
So it's Feb 12th and only Rasmussen will be playing.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but is anyone surprised by the backpedaling done by Blashill? He does the same thing every time he faces adversity.

I'll be very dissapointed if we don't go kid heavy down the stretch of the season.

EDIT: Ehn is in too which is actually pretty nice.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Cholowski isn’t going to get better by sitting. These kids need to play. Having Hronek not on the roster and Cholowski sitting is pretty ****ty. Hronek has definitely earned his spot, and Cholowski has struggled lately for sure, but he’s still, in my opinion at least, the best puck moving defenceman that we have. To have vets playing over these kids is just :facepalm:

Make a trade, do something...

He's not going to get better by getting run out there to get his head kicked in when he's playing badly either. Cholowski, realistically, should probably not have been up the full season right now. He's routinely been thrown in over his head. You don't play a guy who is running around like a chicken with his head cut off in perpetuity.

And Hronek earned a look. He could easily still be up. He's also a guy who they can send down to GR to play 20 min+ a night as a stabilizing force for that roster and keep him away from the woefully undertalented squad in LCA this year. Hronek did a lot well in his time in Detroit. He also did many things that were very head-scratching. I'd want him playing gigantic minutes in the A to improve his defense. He could be awesome with spacing and hockey IQ down.

But Abdelkader gets to stay on the 1st line.

One player "wrongfully" on a line is not a reason to play another "wrongfully". Abdelkader could play 35 minutes a night and it still would not be a good supporting argument for Cholowski playing more. Every player's play should be predicated on their own successes or failures.

And Abdelkader's been 4th line most of the year I thought.

Reactions: marcmadsen

Richard Moistmaker

May 9, 2018
Will be very interesting to see what happens next game if we lose tonight. Especially if we can't score. Blash is probably praying one of the D gets injured so he doesn't have to bench a vet (only kidding of course).

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nashville wins 3-2.

Nyquist scores twice, Ericsson manages 3 own goals, and the Predators then trade a first rounder for Gus.

Livin' the dream in Rebuild Land...

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
if we lose this game, Blashill is going to bench Larkin for a vet. Gonna demand we trade for Matt Cullen whos like 300 years old and plays center. Ultra vet.

book it

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I don’t mind Cholowski sitting a game here and there. I do mind that stretch of games he was saddled with Witowski. Not exactly a good way to shelter a kid.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
So it's Feb 12th and only Rasmussen will be playing.

Not to add fuel to the fire, but is anyone surprised by the backpedaling done by Blashill? He does the same thing every time he faces adversity.

I'll be very dissapointed if we don't go kid heavy down the stretch of the season.

EDIT: Ehn is in too which is actually pretty nice.

I think he is going to do whatever it takes to remain a NHL Head Coach.
This guys career is on the line. In the same situation, I think most of us would do whatever it took to keep food on the table too. So he is going to rely on the vets to try and win games. Coach's that lose get canned, he does not want to be canned.

With that said, I'm on board with letting him go.... go far far away from this team.

Reactions: Oddbob

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If you want to trade Daley, he has to come in and prove healthy for a couple games. It at least opens that option up, if we keep him on the shelf that doesn't help.

Cholowski is actually playing the worst of the guys dressed. I know everything is the end of the world whenever something happens that we don't like.

The guy currently being blocked from the lineup is Hronek, who will likely be up after the trade deadline. I hate to quote a guy I hate especially since it will make @Bench smile but R-E-L-A-X... This is what happens when you rebuild and are a bottom five team.

The sun is going to come up tomorrow for Cholowski and hopefully all of us as well... Hopefully he plays better when he comes back in, honestly wouldn't be surprised if he goes down to Grand Rapids for a spell. See if he can stop bleeding goals and get some confidence back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->