Pre-WJC Top 120 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-SHARKIE

Matt MacInnis said:
I think that having Bartulis that high is a bit of a mistake. He will, most likely, go in the late third, early fourth area. His physicality is a major concern, and his offensive game really isn't all that spectacular right now to overcome that. I like how he plays, and he's the #2 guy in Moncton, but I just don't see him going all that highly, unless somebody gets excited by his WJC Div II numbers.

Yeah, I can see your point, I guess it comes down to me knowing him more then other guys that I don't get to see. For example.

Newsguyone: Mabey Hjalmarsson should be over a guy like Bartulis, but I have a hard time doing that because untill now I haven't seen or heard anything about Hjalmarsson. So I don't put a guy like that on my list and put a guy like Bartulis who I have seen a half dozen times this year and who I like, mabey a bit to high.

dougd

Jul 20, 2002
fortmcmurray ab can
with two U's.. If it's spelled TUKKA it's means hair in finnish so you

Quote; If it's spelledTUKKA , it means hair in Finnish

So, if it's really cold outside, what do you put OVER your hair, a toquea??

A Good Flying Bird*

X-SHARKIE said:
Newsguyone: Mabey Hjalmarsson should be over a guy like Bartulis, but I have a hard time doing that because untill now I haven't seen or heard anything about Hjalmarsson. So I don't put a guy like that on my list and put a guy like Bartulis who I have seen a half dozen times this year and who I like, mabey a bit to high.

No problem.
I liked your list. I copied and pasted one of your earlier lists before going to the Under 18 4 Nations in Ann Arbor.
Gave me some idea who I should be watching for from some of the other countries.

FWIW, I really like Hjalmarsson.
Good skater. Good passer. Responsible. And willing, even, to throw big hits against forwards much bigger than he is.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Sharky, do you work for Mckeens or something? Not to raise a red flag but your list looks extremely similar to me. When I looked at the similarities I noticed 1 guy different from their top 30, and one guy different from their top 50. Where the similarities are also similar is the rest of the top 100. I see very little difference between the two lists, many guys are listed exactly as they are in Mckeens related to their regional rankings. You also listed Cody Bass twice.

Again I hate to bring something like this up, but I might as well cancel my subscription to Mckeens if Sharkie can just post their top 100 list.

X-SHARKIE

VernonForrest said:
Sharky, do you work for Mckeens or something? Not to raise a red flag but your list looks extremely similar to me. When I looked at the similarities I noticed 1 guy different from their top 30, and one guy different from their top 50. Where the similarities are also similar is the rest of the top 100. I see very little difference between the two lists, many guys are listed exactly as they are in Mckeens related to their regional rankings. You also listed Cody Bass twice.

Again I hate to bring something like this up, but I might as well cancel my subscription to Mckeens if Sharkie can just post their top 100 list.

Yeah I noticed I made a couple of errors even after double checking, I believe Gauthier and Oreskovich were listed at the bottom when I meant to have them higher... I always do something like that.

Yeah I use McKeens and ISS, both of which I have subscriptions too, to help me get a grasp on players who I have never seen. A guy like Anze Kopitar, I would never see him my self but ISS really sold me on him and his recent tournament play, then McKeens pointed out Brian Lee before anyone else knew about him and now Team USA picks him up for their U-20 team, and now they're raving about this Niskanen kid out of High School so I put him in there. Plus McKeens really helps with each players up to date size.

But last I checked my list is quite different and I have multiple players they don't have and I have multiple players missing who they do have. A guy like Jordan Lavalle makes my top 60 yet he's no in their top 100, a guy like Latendresse is my 23rd player, they view him as the 7th best prospect.... It's just the way it is I guess.

BTW A friend said he heard Mark Stuart of the USNTDP is going to the USHL and we'll see him soon in Green Bay. Is this really true? The Same 6-5 Mark Stuart? Did he get kicked off the U-18 team?

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
X-SHARKIE BTW A friend said he heard Mark Stuart of the USNTDP is going to the USHL and we'll see him soon in Green Bay. Is this really true? The Same 6-5 Mark Stuart? Did he get kicked off the U-18 team?[/QUOTE said:
Yes this is true, he is playing with Indiana. I heard he was upset over playing time so he left.

FSH2003

Jun 12, 2004
X-Sharkie, I have a few questions about some of North Dakota's recruits....

I've heard Taylor Chorney is very good, can you tell me why you put him at 40 and is that what some of the publications have him at.

Also, I've heard great things about Zach Jones(NTDP), could you explain why he wasn't on the list and where do you expect him to go in the draft.

Nice to see that you have Brian Lee in the first round (where he will go), he's a ridiculous hockey player.

X-SHARKIE

FSH2003 said:
X-Sharkie, I have a few questions about some of North Dakota's recruits....

I've heard Taylor Chorney is very good, can you tell me why you put him at 40 and is that what some of the publications have him at.

Also, I've heard great things about Zach Jones(NTDP), could you explain why he wasn't on the list and where do you expect him to go in the draft.

Nice to see that you have Brian Lee in the first round (where he will go), he's a ridiculous hockey player.

Taylor Chourney well step in immedietly and be a top 4 cog in the defefense for North Dakota fromw what I've seen. I question his overall offensive upside but he's a good skater, extremely smart, competitive, and he excells and one on one's. Doesn't make mental mistakes.

Zach Jones is a good one to. I saw him play vs Harvard this year and he made one hell of a hip check that really stood out. He has a mean streak to him and he plays a safe, no non sense hard working defensive game. He's not up to the level Chourney is with his upside, but Jones is a hardworking player that you'll like and he'll really pop some one hard when the case be.

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Newsguyone said:
Great list.
One swede who should be up their is a defenseman name Hjalmarsson. He was easily their top d man at 4 nations, much better than Ribbenstrand.
Niklas Hjalmarsson played from start in SEL yesterday and was really good(according to aftonbladet he was top defenseman on his team). I think maybe he should have made the JWC team. A defensemen who seeks hits all the time and can stand up. A better fit on the smaller rinks than perhaps 1 or 2 d-men on the swedish jwc-team.

Last edited:

A Good Flying Bird*

rivercanyon said:
Niklas Hjalmarsson played from start in SEL yesterday and was really good(according to aftonbladet he was top defenseman on his team). I think maybe he should have made the JWC team. A defensemen who seeks hits all the time and can stand up. A better fit on the smaller rinks than perhaps 1 or 2 d-men on the swedish jwc-team.

I liked him. The Swedes brought 6 or 7 defenseman.
Hjalmarsson was easily head and shoulders above all of them. Reminded me of Nik Kronwall

The only other guy I saw with potential was Hellstrom. Needs better skating and balance, but he seems like a guy who could make it.

Ribbenstand didn't impress me. But it was just one tournament

An Ape called Yoko

May 15, 2003
Gothenborg
Visit site
Agreed. I really like Alexander Hellström. 6'3" defenseman who is really safe in his own end and has a good passing game. Saw him in Allsvenskan(tier 2 mens hockey) where he filled in(they had injured players) and was really great. He did so well, he put some veterans on the bench for quite many games.

X-SHARKIE

rivercanyon said:

Agreed, mabey this kid would blossum in North America. Keep me updated on this guy if his skating improves over the next few months.

Thanks for the tip off fellas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->