Pre-Training Camp 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
We sure didn't. Question: If we did would you be upset at the value?

That's a good question. If it had been an actual trade, considering contracts I think I would be undecided. Would need to see today's Burmi play with today's Jets. I guess I would be cautiously optimistic.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
That's a good question. If it had been an actual trade, considering contracts I think I would be undecided. Would need to see today's Burmi play with today's Jets. I guess I would be cautiously optimistic.

I was thinking about this and I have to agree; we probably need to see how Burmi performs to make a ruling on this. Might not be a bad "trade"

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Does Petan have a shot at the big club?

That would depend on who you ask. Talent wise yes. But I think Ehlers and Armia are in line ahead of him. Maybe Copp also as 4th line center. Many seem to feel if Petan starts in the A he will be up when injuries hit and will prove himself given the opportunity.

That is my take anyways.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
That would depend on who you ask. Talent wise yes. But I think Ehlers and Armia are in line ahead of him. Maybe Copp also as 4th line center. Many seem to feel if Petan starts in the A he will be up when injuries hit and will prove himself given the opportunity.

That is my take anyways.

Thats exactly what will happen.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No matter how good he is I won't be saying that. We did not get Burmi in exchange for Frolik.

We sure didn't. Question: If we did would you be upset at the value?

Well, in a salary cap world there are always trade-offs. If we had re-signed Fro we wouldn't have been able to even discuss extending both Ladd and Buff.

As Jets fans we are now learning what it's like to be living with a roster good enough to be near the salary cap.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well, in a salary cap world there are always trade-offs. If we had re-signed Fro we wouldn't have been able to even discuss extending both Ladd and Buff.

As Jets fans we are now learning what it's like to be living with a roster good enough to be near the salary cap.

Yes, there are always trade-offs. If we had signed Fro last summer for 4 years 1 would already be gone. He would have only 1 year more to go than what Stafford has now.

That cap issue does come into it and my guess is that it is a big part of why Frolik is not here. Without rehashing everything connected to the Buff issues I would rather have Frolik here, Buff traded for a decent return (just decent, not outstanding) and the cap difference still available for others.

We could have Fro, Burmi and Stempniak in the lineup and still have room for Ehlers and Copp. Both Armia and Petan just down the hall when there are injuries.

If the return for Buff could have been managed to produce a top 4 LHD or even an NHL ready prospective top 4 LHD we're golden. If not we are still in great shape, have room for prospects and at least a little more cap flexibility going forward. But the cap would still be difficult in the near future.

That would have been one plan, I think a good one. We are going to see a different plan. It may be as good or better. Or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad