WJC: Pre Tournament Games?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know Canada plays Switzerland on the 19th, Finland on the 23rd. USA plays Sweden on the 22nd, Germany on the 23. I can't find anyone elses. Does anyone have a full list or more individual teams schedule?

Edit: Sweden also plays the Czech on the 20th. So here's what I have so far:

Dec 19th: CAN/SUI
Dec 20th: SWE/CZE
Dec 21st: FIN/GER
Dec 21st: RUS/KAZ
Dec 22nd: USA/SWE
Dec 22nd: SVK/CZE
Dec 23rd: CAN/FIN
Dec 23rd: USA/GER
Dec 23rd: SVK/RUS

Last edited:
Reactions: lindgren

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Guess nobody knows. Germany and the Swiss played a couple this past week, were those official exhibitions?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Considering the interest in this tournament, I'm surprised that there is never any way to watch the first pre tournament games. Useless, been this way always.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Considering the interest in this tournament, I'm surprised that there is never any way to watch the first pre tournament games. Useless, been this way always.

It is played in Frydek-Mistek, in a quite modern but very small local arena. No game was probably ever broadcasted from there. I am not sure if it was even realistic technically.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Weird, swehockey gives this link for Online for the two Czech games: Zápasy: Reprezentace U20 | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

It is played in a very small arena of the local club Frydek-Mistek (Czech2). No game was probably ever broadcasted from there. I am not sure if it was even realistic technically to provide broadcast. There are going to be on-line stats and report, but apparently no TV has brought in the equipment for broadcasting.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
1-0 Sweden after first. Fagemo goalscorer. Broberg with the assist. Very good that Fagemo scores. This team doesn’t have a lot of natural goalscorers, but Fagemo is one of them and we need him to be on a run.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Höglander also scored. I expect him and Fagemo to carry this team offensively. So that is a good sign.

Two goals from both Fagemo and Höglander. This is good.

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Guess nobody knows. Germany and the Swiss played a couple this past week, were those official exhibitions?

Don't know if they were official exhibition games, but if anybody is interested here are the game stats.

1st game:
Germany won 5-4 (almost blowing a 5-0 lead) - Game

2nd game:
Germany won 3-2 in a shootout (they gave up a 2-0 lead) - Game

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good win for Canada yesterday vs. Switzerland. Not sure I was a fan of the shootout at the game's end yesterday though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad