Pre-Game Talk: Pre Series Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. a New York team not named Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rangers it is.
Mid-week, we ride!

to battle we go!

2pzle8k.jpg

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I get a kick out of Polaris Husky's avatar every time I scroll by it. :laugh: What a goof.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's idiotic. And I hope they pay for it.

The Panthers are going to smack them IMO, they are a better team when both are healthy and the Islanders are far from healthy. They may lose less bad to them than they would to the Pens, but they're still gonna lose. I don't know why they're playing this bad to get the Panthers though, it's not like they'd be the favorites against the Panthers.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Isles purposely lost last night, too. That was so weird. I can say I don't think I've seen a team every try to pick their opponent the way the Isles are. I cannot remember a time seeing it this blatantly.

It's more than picking the Panthers. They picked the Atlantic as well. No Pens, no Caps and no Lundqvist. The Panthers have injuries and are young, Tampa is decimated by injuries and Detroit is mediocre at best. Then if they made it through they'd get a Metro team that ran the gauntlet and the SCF Western team would have gone through hell as well.

I doubt the Islanders get to the Finals and Florida will test them, but 1 of those 4 teams is primed for an easy ECF run compared to the rest. I'd like the Pens to be there, tbh.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

It is trending that way :laugh:

The Panthers are going to smack them IMO, they are a better team when both are healthy and the Islanders are far from healthy. They may lose less bad to them than they would to the Pens, but they're still gonna lose. I don't know why they're playing this bad to get the Panthers though, it's not like they'd be the favorites against the Panthers.

I don't get it either. I also don't get why they're making it so obvious

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I could not care less.

Each team brought its own challenges, and I honestly was not hoping for anything.

I suspect that the 'injured' Pens are not nearly as injured as feared and most should be back for game one, Malkin by game two or three.

Challenge-Accepted-Gif-Barney-08.gif

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I honestly couldn't tell you whether the Isles are throwing the game or not. There have only been a handful of games this season where they've impressed me. I can see the Panthers beating them.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Penguins getting major respect. Nobody including the capitals wants to mess with them assuming zatkoff is not the goalie. I pray MAF and or Murray are practicing by Tuesday. If not its meltdown time.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think you can change the title, I have a better chance marrying Scarlett Johansson than the Islanders do of tying this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad