Pre-Game Talk: Pre Series Talk: Pittsburgh Penguins vs. a New York team not named Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Isles blatantly not trying lol. Assuming Fleury or Murray are ready to go I expect the pens to wreck either team, so no big deal either way.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I really don't want to see Chris Kreider against Fleury coming off a concussion. Just sick of the Rangers period. Go Isles.

Marc Staal will probably crosscheck MAF's head a few times and the refs will completely ignore it.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I love that an interconference game between Washington and Anaheim is being played with more intensity than a division game between the Flyers and Isles.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
would laugh my ass off if the Islanders tank to avoid the Penguins and Zatkoff is the goalie

Last edited:

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
If MAF or Murray are not practicing by Tuesday its safe to say they won't play game 1 correct?

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
If MAF or Murray are not practicing by Tuesday its safe to say they won't play game 1 correct?

Depends.
If the series doesn't start til Thursday, i'd say Wednesday is your "worry day" if they aren't on ice taking shots.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Depends.
If the series doesn't start til Thursday, i'd say Wednesday is your "worry day" if they aren't on ice taking shots.

I think the series starts on Wednesday. Both the Rangers and Pens are off today and I don't think the NHL would give the Pens/Rangers 4 days off and then have 2 days between games 2 and 3.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

It's the playoffs. It's not safe to assume anyone's out until about 5 minutes before the game.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think the series starts on Wednesday. Both the Rangers and Pens are off today and I don't think the NHL would give the Pens/Rangers 4 days off and then have 2 days between games 2 and 3.

MSG often has whacky availability though, so who knows.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Yea I mean if it starts Wednesday. No way MAF plays with 0 practices. And if Murray isn't practicing that means he is injured. I'm trying to have hope but man this is not feeling good right now. As most guys say let the events and practice determine our zatkoff fears but this has potential disaster written on it. We've been playing so good too, team is really cursed.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
MSG often has whacky availability though, so who knows.

They look for the most part open though, they just have a concert next Monday. They could start the series on Thursday (I'd prefer that), but they'd have to go Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday as the first 4 games and I don't think it's necessarily fair that the Pens would be getting 8 rest days in the first 4 playoff games while other teams may be getting only 5.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Isles purposely lost last night, too. That was so weird. I can say I don't think I've seen a team every try to pick their opponent the way the Isles are. I cannot remember a time seeing it this blatantly.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Being in the Atlantic side of the bracket is clearly better than playing pens then caps. I'm surprised they are not scoring own goals tbh. Although if it's zatkoff for the entire series I'd change that tune. Guy is really not NHL quality let alone playoff time. But there's no way to know right now how bad Murray is hurt. I'd like to think every time a guy gets hit in the head it's not automatically a concussion!!!!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You can claim one opponent is better than the other, but there is no guarantee of that. That's a gamble and a half. Bold move.

GENO*

Feb 27, 2012
Florida and then Tampa without stamkos or Detroit is honestly 10 times a better road than Pittsburgh with a goalie not named zatkoff and Washington. It's not even close. Not saying Florida can't beat the isles but cmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad