Pre-Season & Training Camp Thread

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Pissed is good. Pissed is motivated. Pouting is bad. We will see if he plays like he is pissed or pouting. (Edit... I see Adz covered this as well)

If it was me Id look at it like this, 'They f***ing chose Zac f***ing RInaldo over me. Zac mother f***ing RInaldo.'

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If it was me Id look at it like this, 'They ****ing chose Zac ****ing RInaldo over me. Zac mother ****ing RInaldo.'

He knows that wasn't the choice.

The truth is until he shows us he can produce on the second line there really isnt a spot for him up here with everyone healthy.

If we knew he could score 20 we could bump Smith down a line, but as it is, hed be bumping Hartman and I dont see ET thriving on our 3rd line

Last edited:
Reactions: predhead1

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I just don't think playing on small ice versus literal children has anyting in common with playing in the NHL. I think that he needs to adjust to the ice size based on the speed of the league. Having space and time is much easier when he has an extra 7.5ft on his side wall during the power play. I guess his reference points would be the same as what he learned growing up, but again jumping to smaller ice versus even faster players just sounds like a transition period would be needed.

Are you saying you don't think his transition has anything to do with ice size?
Meh, it's chicken and egg. Congrats to you for the brilliant observation that the USHL isn't the same as the NHL. I was responding to something different. He's a good player and could play in the NHL today on most teams. He has played in small rinks and big rinks, against opposition equivalent to NHL size and speed, and against opposition inferior to NHL size and speed. And he's also 19 and not a huge guy or fast guy. Nothing is any big deal on any front. He'll make the NHL for us and score some goals for us at some point, so you can put down the USHL or his abilities if that's what floats your boat, be my guest.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Meh, it's chicken and egg. Congrats to you for the brilliant observation that the USHL isn't the same as the NHL. I was responding to something different. He's a good player and could play in the NHL today on most teams. He has played in small rinks and big rinks, against opposition equivalent to NHL size and speed, and against opposition inferior to NHL size and speed. And he's also 19 and not a huge guy or fast guy. Nothing is any big deal on any front. He'll make the NHL for us and score some goals for us at some point, so you can put down the USHL or his abilities if that's what floats your boat, be my guest.

Ha, not sure where to start with this one... probably just won't.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015

Turris, Ekholm, Ellis, Grimaldi and Hartman are the scratches for today's game.

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Why do we look so god-damn slow? If we're gonna be this slow this year we ain't gonna go far. Grimaldi must get a start and maybe Gaudreau as well.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
First time in two years I am not blacked on on a preseason broadcast.

For a preseason game that was a pretty entertaining period of hockey.

Thought we put a lot of pressure on them as the period went on, but we continue to look completely lost in our d zone at times.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Reading the Twitter feed youd think Ferlund decapitated Josi in the first but they posted a .gif and it looks like Ferlund missed him and Josi just bounced awkwardly off the boards

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Didnt see the second but the first wasnt his fault at all. Williams was left alone on the doorstep and got a perfect feed. Canes Twitter saying Rinne stoned a couple of good chances later in the period

The 2nd was off a horrible Jarnkrok turnover- also not Rinne’s fault

Reactions: Scoresberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad