Pre Season Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
We know that the NHL have their own exhibition matches. We have our equivalent with Drew just getting us into the season with a few games for us.

How about we spice things up by running a preseason comp so that we get our juices running early as well as the showmanship, bragging etc..

We can fine tune the details later if there is enough interest. Don't tell me there isn't enough time for this because after the ratings and waiver draft changes are done, we should only need GM's to put in their new lines and this takes the place of the exhibition games. To run this, we'll use the exhibition feature of the sim.

So what do u guys think?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I dunno - we'd want to get our regular season started before the next NHL season starts, so we don't have to compact our season. That means we'd only have - what - 6-24 MONTHS in which to get our exhibition season started? Gosh, when will we find the time? :cry:

One thing - the idea of the exhibition season - in theory - is for us to be able to try out different combinations, see what younger players are capable of, etc. Therefore, in theory, having it be competitive is potentially counter-productive. In practice, of course, most teams just ice their starting roster 99% of the time, so it may not be such a problem in our case.

Donga

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
I dunno - we'd want to get our regular season started before the next NHL season starts, so we don't have to compact our season. That means we'd only have - what - 6-24 MONTHS in which to get our exhibition season started? Gosh, when will we find the time? :cry:

One thing - the idea of the exhibition season - in theory - is for us to be able to try out different combinations, see what younger players are capable of, etc. Therefore, in theory, having it be competitive is potentially counter-productive. In practice, of course, most teams just ice their starting roster 99% of the time, so it may not be such a problem in our case.

Doug, you sure know how to get the party started don't you. :D

As I said before, we can finalise details of this later. I was not planning it to be a "big" season. Drew gave us about 8 games to get us into gear for the season. So I think thats got to be the guideline for it. For all we know, it could be a knockout competition ie 4 rounds or we go 6 groups of 5 teams and winners go into the next division. I dunno.

In short, it will try to be an 8 game season including playoffs. Details to be finalized later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->