Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm fairly certain that the Celtics would not have taken him anyway but do you think Josh Jackson has any regrets about not working out for Boston before the 2017 NBA Draft ???? :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm fairly certain that the Celtics would not have taken him anyway but do you think Josh Jackson has any regrets about not working out for Boston before the 2017 NBA Draft ???? :laugh:

Danny knocked it out of the park that year. In a year where Fultz was a blue chip top pick, Lonzo Ball the high-potential future star, and Jackson the rangy athletic one, he traded down from #1 and took Jayson Tatum and clearly got the best player of the four. And I was against it at the time, wanting them to keep the #1 and Fultz. What a disaster that would've been, huh?

Edit: We also got the Romeo Langford pick out of that deal, we'll see how that shakes out.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Hot take but his grandfather dying is not an excuse for him to act like a dick all year.

Imagine thinking this is taking accountability. What a delusional world kyrie lives in.

Everybody loses grandparents eventually, that’s just the circle of life. Isaiah Thomas had his younger sister die. I get that people grieve differently but if somebody close to you dying was an excuse to act like an asshole then everybody would be an asshole

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
reminder: Celtics start preseason Sunday against Charlotte;

Walker, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Williams to start

Last edited:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Injury update: remove Langford from injury report add Robert Williams (groin strain) no word on Theis injury timeline; Theis has since recovered from his injury issue; Williams will be re-evaluated later this week

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
rest of preseason: Friday vs Magic then home and home with Cleveland

Be interesting to see Fultz and whether he really has put those mental issues behind him like they're claiming. Man, what a bullet Danny dodged moving out from that pick. Added Tatum, but dodged Fultz, Ball, and Josh Jackson, who have all shown more moments of being basket cases than viable NBA players at this point.

Reactions: CDJ

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Celtics visiting Orlando on NBC Sports Boston, no Kemba tonight (knee); Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, & Theis the starting 5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad