Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
So who was it here that said that sign and trade deals never happened anymore in the NBA ???? I disagreed and told him that they still happened but not as much as in the past. Anyway.......

giphy.gif

;)
Nice try but I believe you initially said they happened all the time. There were more s&ts yesterday than in the past 4 seasons combined so, no, up until now they almost never happened. Yesterday was the outlier. Now if you made some point about why this off-season would be different you'd get some credit. I also said no team would have a reason to agree to a s&t of Kyrie, which is why it fell apart, and it was more likely someone would s&t for an rfa like Rozier, which is what happened.

Reactions: Lo97 and KrejciMVP

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Kanter was the most realistic deal after most of the bigs came off the board pretty quickly after 6pm. He's ok, we're gonna need his rebounding. Defense is suspect, but I am of the opinion that D is mostly effort based. Kyrie was actually playing some nice D during the season, but this stretch only lasted for like 10 games (around when we had our winning streak at the beginning of 2019) and then he mailed it in.

Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So who was it here that said that sign and trade deals never happened anymore in the NBA ???? I disagreed and told him that they still happened but not as much as in the past.

Nice try but I believe you initially said they happened all the time. There were more s&ts yesterday than in the past 4 seasons combined so, no, up until now they almost never happened. Yesterday was the outlier. Now if you made some point about why this off-season would be different you'd get some credit. I also said no team would have a reason to agree to a s&t of Kyrie, which is why it fell apart, and it was more likely someone would s&t for an rfa like Rozier, which is what happened.

Nice try yourself. All I said was that they are still done but not as much as in the past. You said that they almost never happen. Here's exactly what was said back on May 7th in another thread that is now closed.

Maine-IAC said:Sucks that we can't trade him ( referring to Irving )

I said: Lots of " sign and trade " deals are done in the NBA.:nod:

You said: Not really. New cba removed super max deals in sign and trades and added salary cap restrictions. They're barely a thing anymore.

I said: I wouldn't say that they're " barely a thing anymore " but you are correct in that they aren't done nearly as frequently as they were in the past.

Anyway - I just brought it up as a bit of a joke no need to get all defensive about it. :laugh:

Reactions: KrejciMVP

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Definitely an interesting spin to put on it

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
In other news from yesterday: Jamal Murray signed a 5/170m extension with Denver. Which means the market for Brown has been set. Seriously, I don't know who I'd rather have between the two, probably still Brown for upside. But it would be hefty money for Jaylen to be honest. Remember, we still have Hayward/Tatum + Romeo.
I'd rather have a natural PF. A few ideas:

1. Sabonis (also needs to be paid next summer)
2. Jaren Jackson jr. (would they bite if we traded them Brown and their first?)
3. Wendell Carter jr. / Markkanen

Ainge will probably not do it as he loves his wings, but we don't have a clearcut 4 and having one of Brown/Hayward off the bench is far from ideal.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
In other news from yesterday: Jamal Murray signed a 5/170m extension with Denver. Which means the market for Brown has been set. Seriously, I don't know who I'd rather have between the two, probably still Brown for upside. But it would be hefty money for Jaylen to be honest. Remember, we still have Hayward/Tatum + Romeo.
I'd rather have a natural PF. A few ideas:

1. Sabonis (also needs to be paid next summer)
2. Jaren Jackson jr. (would they bite if we traded them Brown and their first?)
3. Wendell Carter jr. / Markkanen

Ainge will probably not do it as he loves his wings, but we don't have a clearcut 4 and having one of Brown/Hayward off the bench is far from ideal.

Murray and Brown aren’t even on the same level. Murray is elite.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Murray and Brown aren’t even on the same level. Murray is elite.

In what world is Murray elite? He's a volume shooter and nothing else. Not a great frame, meh defense. They are paying him that amount for future value, because he may turn into a great scorer. But Browns upside is probably higher, still more risky.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
In what world is Murray elite? He's a volume shooter and nothing else. Not a great frame, meh defense. They are paying him that amount for future value, because he may turn into a great scorer. But Browns upside is probably higher, still more risky.

I think he’s an elite scorer

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Rad that Kemba's in Boston now. While I don't really watch or follow the NBA that closely, when I do, I root for the teams that have UConn guys, especially the ones that played when I was a student there. Would love to see him win an NBA title.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Have the details of the Rozier sign and trade deal with Charlotte been announced yet ???? Some sites say that Charlotte is sending something to Boston while other sites say that Boston is sending something ( probably a pick ) to Charlotte. I've also read that for salary cap reasons it was basically a Walker for Rozier trade. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad