Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So that Bucks pick that Phoenix traded to Boston is top 7 protected in 2020 and then unprotected in 2021.

Yeah, but there's no chance of the Bucks falling into the top 7 any time soon. It'll convey next year as like the 28th overall.

You never know - a lot can happen in 2 years. How many of us thought the Sacramento pick would fall all the way to # 14 ???? I guess we just need Milwaukee to pull a reverse Sacramento. :nod:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good draft Langford was a hell of a prospect a year ago as good as any and carried a bad team hurt vs going the Duke/UK route. Edwards and Williams were probably the 2 best players in college.

Not trying to give Brogdon the max hopefully that’s just fluff to goad someone into offering that and screwing Milwaukee. Kemble a or do nothing at PG I count 4 guys who can play there between Edwards Rozier Langford and Smart.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Good draft Langford was a hell of a prospect a year ago as good as any and carried a bad team hurt vs going the Duke/UK route. Edwards and Williams were probably the 2 best players in college.

Not trying to give Brogdon the max hopefully that’s just fluff to goad someone into offering that and screwing Milwaukee. Kemble a or do nothing at PG I count 4 guys who can play there between Edwards Rozier Langford and Smart.

Edwards play 38 minutes a game at Purdue and averaged under 3 assists a game. Not sure he is going to step in as an NBA PG. Langford is even less a PG, averaging 2.3 assists in 34 min a game

And almost all accounts indicate Rozier is gone

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
So by trading Baynes the Celtics are now almost $26 million under the cap. Trader Danny has to have something in the works for a pretty good Free Agent. :dunno:

Reactions: bbfan419

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Edwards play 38 minutes a game at Purdue and averaged under 3 assists a game. Not sure he is going to step in as an NBA PG. Langford is even less a PG, averaging 2.3 assists in 34 min a game

And almost all accounts indicate Rozier is gone

True.

Second unit you just want the best players and score first won’t be an issue they fit there.

Starting PG is different but I’d sort of roll with internal options before getting suckered into a plan C for multiple years.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
True.

Second unit you just want the best players and score first won’t be an issue they fit there.

Starting PG is different but I’d sort of roll with internal options before getting suckered into a plan C for multiple years.

Agreed. I think he can be an interesting 12-15 minute sparkplug guy off the bench. He does not seem to be an NBA PG

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I was just on ESPN in the background of the last 3 from Bol they showed.

Really sucks I lost both the hat I was wearing and that Syracuse jersey I had on in the last 7 months. Uggg.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Woj reported that with the cap space, the Celtics are expected to pursue Orlando center Nikola Vucevic, who I believe was an All-Star last season. Averaged about 20 points and 10 rebounds, if I remember correctly. Probably as good an offensive player as Horford, not nearly as good defensively.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Woj reported that with the cap space, the Celtics are expected to pursue Orlando center Nikola Vucevic, who I believe was an All-Star last season. Averaged about 20 points and 10 rebounds, if I remember correctly. Probably as good an offensive player as Horford, not nearly as good defensively.

Need to have someone over 6'7" on the roster

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Would rather throw that money at someone younger. Sounds like Russell is a long shot, but that was the type of player, someone that could grow with the young core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->