Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
LOL whats it gonna be?

Harden 30 Points a game
Westbrook 30 Points a game

NBA really is ****. They have the players dictate everything and control what they want. Just call it National Basketball Entertainment

Sad thing is I just read an article saying NFL players are looking at this NBA off-season and have ideas

To be fair it made no sense for OKC to keep him

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
LOL whats it gonna be?

Harden 30 Points a game
Westbrook 30 Points a game

NBA really is ****. They have the players dictate everything and control what they want. Just call it National Basketball Entertainment

Sad thing is I just read an article saying NFL players are looking at this NBA off-season and have ideas

I think its great. I find the off court subplots fun.

Other than Toronto almost everyone got better and we got 2 brand new super teams to hate in LA. I personally like us with Kemba more.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I think its great. I find the off court subplots fun.

Other than Toronto almost everyone got better and we got 2 brand new super teams to hate in LA. I personally like us with Kemba more.

I actually like the group of players the Clippers are putting together. As long as they rival the Lakers they are fine by me

Reactions: pgm16

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
That’s a deal that makes sense for both but Paul still has a lot in the tank I think. Is a buyout even possible with that kind of money remaining? Is there any chance OKC just gives him free reign for a year, outs up crazy numbers and ups his value a bit? That’s a middle of the road team (30-40 wins) with Paul on the roster imo so keeping him really hurts their chance of a top pick next offseason.

Harden and Westbrook will be fine. I love the GM and owners mindset over there. They saw an opening and they took it. They were a game away from the finals not too long ago. Russ just needs to not jack up threes. It’s been his way for a long time now so the first little bit will be interesting to see how he transitions, because I think it’s safe to assume he’s the 2nd option.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
and being an ass hat

Knicks over Spurs? MUST be money
I’ll never knock someone for getting as much money as they can. Just seems weird here though. I thought he was signed sealed and delivered to the Spurs already.

He may just want to put up some numbers and try to get some term next season as well

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Got a very good feeling on this organization

Sorry Felgie

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Now this some messed up stuff. :amazed:

from espn.com:

The ex-wife of slain former NBA player Lorenzen Wright pleaded guilty Thursday to facilitation of first-degree murder in his shooting death nine years ago, a surprise development in one of Memphis, Tennessee's biggest murder cases.

Sherra Wright also pleaded guilty to facilitation of a criminal attempt to commit first-degree murder in a hearing in Shelby County Criminal Court. Judge Lee Coffee sentenced her to 30 years in prison.

Coffee said Sherra Wright would be eligible for parole once she served 30% of her sentence, which would be around nine years.

She had faced a life sentence if convicted at trial.

Lorenzen Wright's body was found in a swampy field in Memphis in July 2010. He had been missing for 10 days before his body was found riddled with bullet wounds.

Full story here: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27256388/ex-wife-pleads-guilty-killing-lorenzen-wright

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Anyone follow any basketball IG accounts? Ballislife is a good one. Lots of summer footage from like summer camps, pick up games, AAU type leagues and etc......

Like seeing NBA players and random HS or college kids playing with and against each other

Off-Season kinda has me amped for the season I like this draft class. One of the best in awhile I think. Kinda wondering how Romeo will fit. Lots of trade Brown chatter. Could Langford be his replacement?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
This knucklehead was suspended by FIBA for failing a drug test which showed that he was pregnant. :laugh:

3307170-thumb-550x300.jpg

from cbssports.com:

According to EuroHoops and RTV, former Ohio University standout D.J. Cooper received a two-year suspension from FIBA after it was revealed that he used his pregnant girlfriend's urine instead of his own to try and pass a drug test.

The test results showed that Cooper had gHC in his system, which is a hormone that the placenta produces during pregnancy. FIBA elected to suspend Cooper for fraud because he provided a sample that wasn't his.

At the time, Cooper was attempting to play for the Bosnian national team and passing a drug test is a mandatory part of the process. He will be suspended until June 24, 2020 at which point he can continue playing professional basketball overseas if he chooses to.​

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad