Celtics/NBA Pre-Season Thread: Celtics, now owners of minor league Red Claws, say team will stay in Portland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Say Hey Kid

Bathory
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Allegedly Kyrie is signing with Jay Z's agency and signing with the Nets. Jay Z is a minority owner of the Nets. Report: Kyrie Irving prepared to sign with Nets

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John Stockton
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Carlos Boozer
Rajon Rando
Danny Granger
Monta Ellis
David West
Zach Randolph
Gilbert Arenas
Kyle Kuzma

The Raptors had no lottery picks on their team. Intelligently drafting non-lottery players such as them and the players listed above leads to talent.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I never thought I would see a Montreal paper salute a Toronto team

CAN_JM.jpg

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Davis is a Laker. Sigh. I know we never had a real shot, but I still don't like seeing him go to LA.

I like Josh Hart a lot so I'm glad he doesn't have to be a Laker anymore.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Davis is a Laker. Sigh. I know we never had a real shot, but I still don't like seeing him go to LA.

I like Josh Hart a lot so I'm glad he doesn't have to be a Laker anymore.

I'm so happy they didn't leverage the future for a one year rental of this guy. He clearly didn't want to come here so this works perfectly, IMO.

Reactions: Gator Mike and DKH

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I just want to know what Lavar Ball's reaction was toward his son getting traded out of LA and to a garbage New Orleans team (though the package they got is friggin' good and they'll get out of the cellar and could become good if that draft pick hits)

Reactions: bbfan419

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Vegas swayed the odds from 8/9:1 to 4:1 earlier today. They knew something was going down.

Could have gotten Kuzma as well. Those next first rounders will be scraps unless they pushed them back a bunch of years. I like Ball/Ingram and that is a good stepping stone for NO. Josh Hart seems relatively dime a dozen but I could be wrong.

Wonder if NO is going for Zion/Barrett in the draft.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Vegas swayed the odds from 8/9:1 to 4:1 earlier today. They knew something was going down.

Could have gotten Kuzma as well. Those next first rounders will be scraps unless they pushed them back a bunch of years. I like Ball/Ingram and that is a good stepping stone for NO. Josh Hart seems relatively dime a dozen but I could be wrong.

Wonder if NO is going for Zion/Barrett in the draft.
Apparently someone dropped a 10K bet on the Lakers minutes before the trade was leaked

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Good for the Pels imo. Pair up Zion with Barrett who already have chemistry. Get some good pieces to pair with Zion and Randle. Starting five of Zion, Barrett, Ingram, Randle and Lonzo competes for years imo.

Celtics could have easily beat that if they wanted to. Pony up Tatum and he was theirs. Glad they didn’t.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Good for the Pels imo. Pair up Zion with Barrett who already have chemistry. Get some good pieces to pair with Zion and Randle. Starting five of Zion, Barrett, Ingram, Randle and Lonzo competes for years imo.

Celtics could have easily beat that if they wanted to. Pony up Tatum and he was theirs. Glad they didn’t.

Idk why I thought LAL had #3. Could still happen though I guess

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Apparently someone dropped a 10K bet on the Lakers minutes before the trade was leaked
Yeah probably AD or Lebron.

The west is wide open next year. Well get a chance to see how good Steph is “on his own” at least as a shooter. Draymond will hold down the defensive end as he’s always done. Will be interesting to see how he looks as a #2 on offense.

I still think OKC will be a tough out, the Clippers are on the up, especially if they can grab a free agent. Spurs will seemingly be in the mix somewhere. Portland is right there as well.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Good choice by Danny.

I'd consider making the move if AD was signed long term, but for one year? That's mortgaging everything for not even a guaranteed finals appearance.

Anyway, the east is pretty open this year depending on Kahwi's destination and whatever Kyrie does. It'll be interesting to see what Danny does in response.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I never thought I would see a Montreal paper salute a Toronto team

CAN_JM.jpg

You had the wrong perspective, all cities in Canada love the Raptors, just like how they all love the Blue Jays, that's what happens when only 1 Canadian city has an MLB and NBA team, they become a flagship team. Its why the media both Canadian and American kept saying how this Raptors title wasn't just a Toronto triumph but a Canada one too.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Glad he’s in LA. I would’ve been crushed if Danny traded anything of significance for a guy who made it clear he wanted to be in LA

See ya Kyrie. Move forward with the youth + picks

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
LOL Lakers were robbed. 3 1sts? Pelicans in a good position next few seasons

Ball
Hart
Ingram
Zion

Barrett? Some other pieces. Dont think AD and Lebron can make it to the finals with GS(I dont think they will collapse), Portland and a few others in the West.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Can Kyrie leave already? When can he opt out? July 1st? 2 more weeks of him in the headlines. Let him leave, trade Rozier rights sign Rubio and Russell
I know I have said this a few times, but Rubio belongs in a Celtics uniform. He will be a great facilitator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad