Pre-Season Schedule

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I've noticed that some teams have released their preseason schedules. Any idea when ours might be out. My company is sending me to Chicago in late September and hope it doesn't interfere with any preseason game.:rant:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
If you google the press releases for the past few years, they seem to announce it mid June.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
If the last couple years are any indication, our three home games will be split evenly between GRA, Utah and California :shakehead

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
If the last couple years are any indication, our three home games will be split evenly between GRA, Utah and California :shakehead

They're working on one for Tucson. But as Chayka said it requires the other franchise to agree to it. Might get the Kings to go along though.

kbay

Apr 8, 2016
Goodyear, Arizona
I remember we had one last year, can't remember who we played. They played the revamped OT even though we had lost in regulation. We did however win OT :)

cityhockeyfever

Sep 15, 2006
Philadelphia
I have to agree with Sniper, I would expect the Coyotes would release it later this month.

It will be either just before, on the same day or sometime after the regular season schedule is released. Lately has been around the NHL Awards timeframe.

We went to Bakersfield last year. Who did we play? LA?
The Coyotes started the 2015 preseason against the Kings in Bakersfield on September 21, 2015.

I remember we had one last year, can't remember who we played. They played the revamped OT even though we had lost in regulation. We did however win OT :)
The one home preseason game was against the Sharks on October 2nd.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Regular season schedule will be released June 21 or 22, so it may be included in that.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
The Coyotes and Kings will play in a rookie tournament on Sept 20 and 21 at GRA, as per the Kings beat writer.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I may have to go check that out, it'll be good to see strome's rookie year ruining cheap shot injury in person.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Full schedule announced:

Sept/26 vs. LA (split squad also at LA)

Sept/27 at Anaheim

Sept/30 at SJ

Oct/1 vs Anaheim

Oct/3 at Vancouver

Oct/5 at Calgary

Oct/7 vs SJ

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Would be nice to do a preseason game in Tucson to pump up the new extended fan base.

SportsRacer21

Mar 12, 2007
Columbia, MO
Betting one of these gets announced as an alternate site (Tucson? this Saturday?) as full STH paid for 43 games.

The Coyotes (conveniently?) don't list venues on their schedule but it looks like the Kings, Ducks and Sharks websites all list Gila River Arena as the venue for those game.

Could always be changed later after the announcement, but I just find it odd those teams go out of their way to mention Gila River Arena as the venue. But maybe the team learned their lesson about unintentional links from the Roadrunners trademark fiasco lol.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The Coyotes (conveniently?) don't list venues on their schedule but it looks like the Kings, Ducks and Sharks websites all list Gila River Arena as the venue for those game.

Could always be changed later after the announcement, but I just find it odd those teams go out of their way to mention Gila River Arena as the venue. But maybe the team learned their lesson about unintentional links from the Roadrunners trademark fiasco lol.

I just don't see the team either a) coming back to all STH and saying "hey, cough up another game's worth for a preseason game", or b) "hey, bonus! it's buy 43 get one free!". Although of the two, I think b) is the more probable.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Sweet it's at one, that means I can drive there and back the same day without being a zombie at work the next day.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Looks like the World Cup of Hockey will coincide training camp and part of pre-season.

WCH games run Sep 17-Oct 1; teams start practice on 5 Sep.

Don't know Yotes training camp dates, but usually kicks off around the 3rd week of Sep.

We will be without OEL, Z, Marty, and Toby.

Not a big impact for Coyotes since all those guys are established in our system, but some young guys like Auston Matthews will miss their first training camp, and veterans who have changed teams will also miss out on time potentially learning a new system.

Seeing what our new lines might look like will have to wait.

All that said, can't wait for the WCH to start.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes