Confirmed with Link: Pre-season games announced

Cardboard Orpik

Out 4-6 Weeks
Jun 18, 2011
Cool, forgot realignment was happening and that Columbus is in our division now. Unlike the rest of this board it seems, I'm pretty excited for the new season to start.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
The only good thing about this summer... is that it will be short. For now. Maybe Shero will do something to change our minds soon.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Also looking at those 3 teams (CBJ, Detroit, Chicago) and considering the re-alignment schedule will probably not allow the old "play everyone in your division 5 or 6 times" routine, I suspect we'll be seeing more of Chicago and Detroit than other out of division teams each year. Although maybe it will be the "play everyone else twice -- once at home, once away" routine. I'm not sure.

As time goes on, I think the league will try hard to push those two rivalries on TV and elsewhere. Real proof will be in the 82 game schedule but should be interesting.

Rico Fatastic

Jul 28, 2002
I love that Columbus is in our division now. Only a couple hours drive, and a nice little city. Tickets ought to be reasonably-pried for the time being; although I fully expect that team to start getting seriously competitive with Davidson and Kekalainen running things. I envision quite a few road trips in my future, and I think this preseason game is going to be one of them.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Sorry guys, I got this going a little OT by responding earlier to "what can Shero do". Deleted all of our non-schedule related posts.

Shane: yah lots of people seem to be hopped up about going to games in Columbus. I have a cousin that lives not too far from there (couple hours I think). If I ever go visit maybe we'll take in a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad