Post-Game Talk: Pre-season Game 4 - Jets vs Oilers - 7:00 pm CT - TSN3

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
EZ win, with 2/3 top line out there but the kids are getting it done too, just like we want to see. Hardly our A team out there.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's very true. I've seen everyone of his junior games.

I have not but in no way did he just get empty net easy goals in any of the games I saw. Not that scoring in that way is a bad thing. It means he can get into position to score well. Something Petan never does... goes to the net.

purdy44

Registered Loser
Feb 8, 2013
Lac Seul, ON
I think the new third jerseys are going to look really good in action on TV. Forgot how dark our homes look on an average TV

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Of course not. Petan was mostly playing centre. Not his job to play the same way.

Not mostly. He has been tried heavily at both wing and center. He just doesn't do things like that for himself. McKenzie's vision is worse but from what I can see he shows a lot more in the corners then I've ever seen from Petan.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I have not but in no way did he just get empty net easy goals in any of the games I saw. Not that scoring in that way is a bad thing. It means he can get into position to score well. Something Petan never does... goes to the net.
Petan has mostly played centre, not his job to go to the net. He is a playmaker. Glass did most of the work for Mackenzie. There is a reason he was passed over all 7 rounds of the draft and than drafted in his second year in the last round. Over 400 players were drafted before him.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I think the Petan experiment is done. As a small guy you really need to stand out. He hasn't.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
EZ win, with 2/3 top line out there but the kids are getting it done too, just like we want to see. Hardly our A team out there.

Yes, the points don't really matter....

And some of our prospects are showing well...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Come on Sting. Mckenzie is more of finisher then a creator but give him his due, he gets into scoring positions incredibly well and can finish from anywhere in close with his shot and hands. Not everyone needs to be able to create, complimentary finishers also have value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad