GDT: Pre Season Game 3: Red Wings vs caps 9/30/22 7:30 pm et

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Only seeing the last half of the game basically, I didn't notice anything bad from Ed's pairing, so that's good. He activated well I thought.

Just curious about Brattstrom:
He seems to be playing well in pre-season yes? What is his upside?
Goalies are weird, so who knows. All I know is he's expected to be in the AHL this year. Looking through his stats they're kinda mediocre at every level. *shrug*

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Another observation, is 2 games through pre-season Chiarot is being used on the PP and activating offensively far more than I would expect and hope he does less so in the regular season.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Wings iced a lineup without a surefire, proven, top 9 forward and only lost 2-0.
The centers were Suter, Rasmussen, Czarnik and Spezia.... that's some tough sledding.

Soderblom got nowhere on his line tonight.
Andreasson ... it's a good thing everyone forgot about him, because he's been forgettable.

Adam Erne seems like he's come to play so far (Contract year). I would guess Suter and Sundqvist are gonna be similarly motivated.
It might be wise to let these guys max out their value and start shipping them out mid-season.

By then, Veleno, Berggren and Soderblom should be ready.

Reactions: David D

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
We'll see what Zadina does in regular season, "strong" is very vague, he is supposed to fill the nets with pucks, I heard.
I can never understand this mindset...yeah, the kid came out cocky and has been humbled. He's obviously working hard and has been steadily improving himself as an NHL player...so he's not the offensive dynamo that we all hoped for, but what are the naysayers hoping for at this point? That he busts out and we wasted a top 6 draft pick?? If he works hard and starts clicking with Vrana or Kubalik and can pot 15-20 goals and 20-30 assists while trying to be defensively responsible, is it really that necessary to dog on the guy? I mean, the GM just signed him for 3 more years and has said he is doing what he needs to and the new head coach has mentioned him as someone who is standing out during camp and this preseason, so why exactly are people hoping for his demise?

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I can never understand this mindset...yeah, the kid came out cocky and has been humbled. He's obviously working hard and has been steadily improving himself as an NHL player...so he's not the offensive dynamo that we all hoped for, but what are the naysayers hoping for at this point? That he busts out and we wasted a top 6 draft pick?? If he works hard and starts clicking with Vrana or Kubalik and can pot 15-20 goals and 20-30 assists while trying to be defensively responsible, is it really that necessary to dog on the guy? I mean, the GM just signed him for 3 more years and has said he is doing what he needs to and the new head coach has mentioned him as someone who is standing out during camp and this preseason, so why exactly are people hoping for his demise?
I think we'd like to see a legit top 9er, PP guy who goes 20-20-40, or 15-15-30 or something like that, without being a liability.

10-14-24 -24 with one of the lowest P/60s on the team is rough.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
I thought edvinsson played really well last night. Him and Lindstrom looked like a solid pairing and they were throwing some big hits. Hronek made another bad defensive play on the only ES goal we gave up, no surprise there. It was hard to really say if Berggren or soderblom played well, they were just kinda meh but the center core we had out there weren’t that good and the capitals were playing a really conservative game. They weren’t activating much on offense but they were playing us tough defensively. Overall brattstrom and edvinsson were my standouts. Zadina had another strong game.

Good Kill...

PP?

Bleed Zadina... Bleeeeeed

aw just 2

If it's 2 D out for the PP, why in the f*** is it Ed and Chiarot and not Hronek with Ed?
Ed and chiarot were PP2

Hoog

Feb 4, 2021
Didn't get a chance to watch this one but did see Hronek was on the ice for both goals given up and he was with Chiarot so what gives there? More of the same? I really root for this guy but my goodness, you have to sharpen up his D skills.

Glad to hear Ed did well, he needed a game like this to make the roster. Glad to hear he is being aggressive as well. I am a huge Sebrango guy too, any reports on how he did or did he not get much ice time? Seems like he could be a Matta replacement next year with his D play.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Expecting someone to fail is completely different from wanting someone to fail. You obviously don't understand the difference.

The problem with Zadina is that he's one of the dumbest players I've ever seen. He'll make the same mistakes over and over. When he figures out that he needs to do something different when he fails, then he might actually be a decent 3rd liner. Unless that happens, I expect him to fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad