GDT: Pre-Season Game #3: Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Islanders. Sept 18th. 7PM 5-1 L

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
We now know more about the Flyers prospects than we ever dreamed we would. Slightly different look for the Flyers from Sunday at the Coliseum. Here's Philly's anticipated lineup for tonight's 3rd in 3.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Following the usual procedure of icing the better team at home, and a weaker one on the road. Makes sense all round - vets get the perk of no travel, and home fans usually get to see their team win.

Reactions: dood

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
I guess I'm a bad fan but I completely forgot that Hickey was still an Islander. Thought he had left.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Updated line up for the Flyers:

Only 5 NHLers and two AAAA players. Should be an easy win for the Islanders tonight.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Trotz did come up with a line of Ovechkin/Kuznetsov/Wilson, so he's not against using a bottom six banger on his top line.

I hate to say anything good about the guy, but I get the impression that Wilson has a higher IQ than Komarov.

Komarov to me is closer to a Clutterbuck/Kulemin hybrid than Wilson.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Gosh. If either or both of them go LTIR, we're screwed. And by screwed I mean the luckiest SOBs imaginable.

Ladd's back is making me think of Zetterberg at the moment. I hope, for his sake, it's not quite that bad and serious. He's had lingering back issues for years though.

Reactions: bigtim1988

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Ladd's back is making me think of Zetterberg at the moment. I hope, for his sake, it's not quite that bad and serious. He's had lingering back issues for years though.

Yes, please don't let Ladd be hurt enough to not play hockey yet live a happy live with all his hockey money.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
While I don't love the separation of Barzy and Ebs I do love the fact that those 2 lines could be really dangerous. Komarov could surprise a lot of people playing with Beau/Barz and that Bellows/Kovar/Ebs line could be nasty.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hate to say anything good about the guy, but I get the impression that Wilson has a higher IQ than Komarov.

Komarov to me is closer to a Clutterbuck/Kulemin hybrid than Wilson.

I actually disagree with that. I don't think Wilson's hockey IQ is better than Komarov's. If anything, I'd actually say Komarov's is better (though we're not talking like Komarov's got Gretzky-like IQ). I think the difference comes down to pure skill. He's a dirtbag, but I think Wilson actually has top six talent (good wheels, decent passer, good shot), which allows him to play as a complimentary piece beside two elite guys.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I actually disagree with that. I don't think Wilson's hockey IQ is better than Komarov's. If anything, I'd actually say Komarov's is better (though we're not talking like Komarov's got Gretzky-like IQ). I think the difference comes down to pure skill. He's a dirtbag, but I think Wilson actually has top six talent (good wheels, decent passer, good shot), which allows him to play as a complimentary piece beside two elite guys.

Looks like I’m underrating Komarov a bit.

We’ll get our first look at him tonight, and hopefully he can be a 40-45 point guy here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->