GDT: Pre-Season Game #3| Boston Bruins @ Detroit Red Wings 7:30 PM ET

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
There is definitely something there with Hronek.

Need's to get the strength up but damn his instincts are fo'real. I liked him and Renouf quite a bit. And Lorito. Damn.

Svech looked pretty good. Had one bad turnover that I saw but mostly made a lot of really slick quick passes. Looks quicker on his feet overall. I'd definitely like to see another game for Hronek. Maybe toss him in with Larkin and the gang and see how he fares with some of those guys.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
So hronek is good?

Very much early days but I am buoyant about Hronek's prospects.

Didn't look out of place at all against predominantly AHL guys. One of those players where you feel confident when the puck is on his stick. And the stats backed it up too, he had the best 5v5 Corsi on the team for D-men.

Hopefully he has a big year in the OHL.

Oh and he doesn't shy away from the hard stuff either, which is nice to see for a smaller guy.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

Didn't look out of place at all against predominantly AHL guys. One of those players where you feel confident when the puck is on his stick. And the stats backed it up too, he had the best 5v5 Corsi on the team for D-men.

Oh and he doesn't shy away from the hard stuff either, which is nice to see for a smaller guy.

The competition doesn't matter much when you're a prospect. Unless your like 20 facing 16 year olds. The fact he can pass without messing up is something good.

MTU hockey

Mar 4, 2013
Colorado

yeah he was mixing it up with Brandon Carlo after the whistle. Which was kinda nice to see considering Carlo's at least 5 inches taller and has quite a few pounds over him.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Nyquist has had like 3 class A scoring chances to take this game away but he fails to score any of them.

And man can you tell by his body language, he's frustrated right now.

I'll take 3 class A chances any day before one lucky bounce goal.

Those will go in on long run.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Ericsson is a piece of ****! :) J/K wanted to get peoples attention. I'm not sure how to think of Big E. He's up to speed but is being surpassed...yet he's not the worst defenseman in the league. He's a descent player but after these last two pre-season matches I wish we could move in a different direction sooner rather than later. A veteran should romp vs. prospects JE isn't good enough anymore. Without a trade who is the next D to fill that spot if need be?

Nyquist was superb! Most dangerous player on the ice BY FAR. Sheahan I haven't been overly impressed his last two scrimmages. OK for sure but his game always leaves me wanting. It's going to get tougher I'm interested to see how he responds this season. I'm sure he has more to offer.

After defending him on a 24 hour basis this OS I'm a little disappointed in Helm. I don't like him at center right now. He's having to think too much- which as employers say- is not what we're paying him to do! He's sitting back playing safe and responsible, watching on that line it feels wrong. Helm needs to go hell's bells below the crease skating and working. If he and Sheahan are paired go with what's been successful (to some degree). Sheahan has been a center for 3 years and Helm hasn't in 3, they need to switch positions.

I think Howard is proving his worth. He and Khudobin put on and show, that was some quality goaltending. Howard looks fine. As with all the talk we shall see after another week how he compares to top competition. I think Howard could have an excellent year.

Much quieter game for Callahan and Sadowy. Huge opportunity didn't see enough out of them.

Tangradi's skating has greatly improved in only 6 months! In his 1(?) NHL game his skating looked way out of place. Today his skating is sufficient, the guy gets it done. He was just as solid in the 1st game. No matter if he ever makes the Wings he's a pro-hockey player I will pay money to watch a team with him on it.

The Red Wings controlled this game much like the other 2. With superior possession we should be getting more shots through...that has to change.

I like our prospects, the future can't be as dim as some predict.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
There is definitely something there with Hronek.

Was at the game, didn't see a whole lot from him TBH, I thought Jensen looked much better for example.

Granted, age difference and experience, but as a whole most of the young guys I didn't see doing much eg Svechnikov, etc. I thought the team skated and moved the puck well, but the lack of anyone that could set up plays was very apparent.

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
Was at the game, didn't see a whole lot from him TBH, I thought Jensen looked much better for example.

Granted, age difference and experience, but as a whole most of the young guys I didn't see doing much eg Svechnikov, etc. I thought the team skated and moved the puck well, but the lack of anyone that could set up plays was very apparent.

I thought Svech looked good. Maybe trying a bit too hard but he looked great. His skating is much improved, and his ability to make small little passes in traffic that open up lanes has improved. While his plays didn't end up in goals, it was definitely there.

Also, still pretty impressed with Lorito. That guy was money. He was feeding cross ice passes all over the place.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

I agree with you 100%

Svech was unnoticeable in the game. Maybe had 1 shot. Didn't do much in the offensive zone. Didn't look dangerous, looked kinda slow. He was the only player I was interested in seeing too, so I mostly focused on him all night.

TBH I don't even remember a single thing hronek did, though I wasn't looking out for him, others have said he had a decent game so ill go with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad