Sportsnet: Pre-season assignment a sign of the load Auston Matthews can carry

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Well would hope not , it's not like he's a rookie it is his 3rd season in the bigs ffs , next they're going to post it's the wettest water ever .

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
90 points, 45 goals and the Selke. Don't @ me

Selke is a joke award. Don't get me wrong its a legit award, but how they nominate for it is a joke the same players every year get nominated its so subjective they can hand it over to whoever they want. Begeron no matter what he does will be nominated for example

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
90 points, 45 goals and the Selke. Don't @ me

Those numbers really aren't even that much of an increase on the stats that he was on pace to post last season (62 GP, 34 G, 29 A, 63 P - which translates into 82 GP, 45 G, 38 A, 83 P), so I think it's entirely within the realm of possibility that he does have a 45 goal, 90 point season.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Selke is a joke award. Don't get me wrong its a legit award, but how they nominate for it is a joke the same players every year get nominated its so subjective they can hand it over to whoever they want. Begeron no matter what he does will be nominated for example
Every award is becoming a joke. Atleast they finally got the Norris right this year. Taylor Hall winning the Hart was stupid though.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

it's best defensive forward.
Bergeron's a defensive forward
so basically yah... he'll always be nominated because he's one of the best at what he does.
if he sucked defensively, i doubt he'd be nominated.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
so basically yah... he'll always be nominated because he's one of the best at what he does.
I remember when Jay McClement played for Toronto some people thought he should have been considered for the Selke due to his defensive play, however he didn't put up the same offensive numbers like Bergeron.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

It’s extremely subjective is what I’m saying daisy. He may well be one of the best defensive forwards in nhl but I’m sorry he isn’t top3 year over year over year yet nominations go in and there is Bergeron

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm so excited to see if we get back the same Matthews we saw the first 25 games of last season. The way the year went for him, you'd think it laughable to compare him to someone like McDavid right now but it was anything but last November when Auston at or close to the top of the league in goals and points. I'd love it if he was back to that guy and stuffs it down the collective throat of the haters.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I remember when Jay McClement played for Toronto some people thought he should have been considered for the Selke due to his defensive play, however he didn't put up the same offensive numbers like Bergeron.

Here that’s my point, if it’s best defensive forward then points shouldn’t play a part. If it points do play a part then it shouldn’t be “best defensive forwards”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->