Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season #6: Thu, Sept. 26 2019, FLYERS 1 at Rangers 2 (SO 0-1), 7:00 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This is what worried me about an old guard GM like Fletcher....

He is looking good with Hayes but then crap like Stewart negates it.....

We had a lot of that with Homer.....good beginning GM stint.....mediocre in the middle stint (thought he had redeemed himself a bit with the Carter and Richards trade).....terribly bad at the end (Vinny, Amac, cap hell, botched having Lavi as a coach by getting players totally contrary to his system, hardly any homegrown prospects in the farm system, etc)

Stewart isnt a problem until he gets a contract and even then, if they just want him as the healthy scratch then its still not a big deal..but if plays games..we may have a problem.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Harts allowed 1 goal on something like 60 shots so far.
And on that 1 goal a pigeon may as well have flown it over his shoulder and deposited it behind him.

Not much difference on the SO goal. Zibanejad just willed that f***er straight in with a ridiculous physics defying backhand. Dude was mentally jacked through the roof, as you could tell on the PK.

Hagg led the club with five hits... love seeing that

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He doesn't seem rational with some of these players. They come across as pets. Pets make dog ****.

I think it's been all but confirmed Stewart is going to Europe, albeit still on his PTO.
Traveling on company dime and going sightseeing? Playing Stewart is Hakstonian level foolery, although I take it he’d need to be signed in order to play. It must be for a healthy body right? I’m seriously perplexed by this. I have never seen a player so bad stick for so long... even if it is preseason.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Traveling on company dime and going sightseeing? Playing Stewart is Hakstonian level foolery, although I take it he’d need to be signed in order to play. It must be for a healthy body right? I’m seriously perplexed by this. I have never seen a player so bad stick for so long... even if it is preseason.
The optimist in me thinks it's a good thing that the shills are in defensive mode. At least the disingenuous f***s acknowledge - however indirectly - that there's something that needs to be defended.

Reactions: CapnZin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
The optimist in me thinks it's a good thing that the shills are in defensive mode. At least the disingenuous ****s acknowledge - however indirectly - that there's something that needs to be defended.
We’re talking VandeVelde-esq proportions here. I know we’re just fans, but Fletcher can’t be this daft.

Harhis

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Myers was fine, as was Morin, but unfortunately neither did enough to dislodge Hagg in the minds of ..... whatever I don't even want to finish the sentence. When you add in the uncertainty, all this stuff is even more exhausting.
Having no positive nor negative effect has to be better than having negative effect? No?

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Having no positive nor negative effect has to be better than having negative effect? No?
One would think. But even though I said 'fine', both had a positive effect imo. It just had been reported in the media that they each really needed to knock some socks off, which sadly they did not. The frustrating part is they shouldn't have been required to in the first place.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
VandeVelde was an NHL-level PKer, which is a lot more than anything Stewart brings. Anyone who has ever watched a hockey game can see he doesn't belong. If he gets signed this is a fireable offense for everyone involved.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He gets a contract. He's playing. It's that simple.

Why offer a guy a contract just to give up on him with a full season to go still? If they sign him & completely staple him to the press box that’s essentially what you’re doing & defeats the whole purpose of signing him in the first place.

It doesn’t take a whole lot for a spare roster player to play 20+ games in this league.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Uh, Shelley and Cote played for Lav, of course, they averaged about 6 minutes a night.

That first goal wasn't on Hagg, it was kinda fluky, off the Ranger's arm over Hart - surprised it wasn't reviewed.

Thought the team as a whole was pretty solid, outshot the Rangers by a wide margin, looked faster than any Flyer team in recent memory.
Twarynski and Bunnaman are better than NAK, bigger and about as fast. Bunnaman really improved his skating this offseason.

Farabee has that 3rd line spot nailed down with Laughton and Lindblom to start the season.
Twarynski - Bunnaman - Raffl as the fourth line.
Then at some point Patrick and Pitlick come back and Frost comes up.

So I have no idea why anyone would lose sleep over Stewart.

And Myers looked better b/c he stopped trying to make plays and just did his job, Morin is a bigger, more physical version of Hagg, neither should start. Morin has more upside, but he's still #7.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Stewart: 10 goals in 54 NHL games two seasons ago. 42 % career on shootouts, 3 for 3 on penalty shots. Contending for a last roster spot. Multiple posters obsessed with it like the sky is falling.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Stewart: 10 goals in 54 NHL games two seasons ago. 42 % career on shootouts, 3 for 3 on penalty shots. Contending for a last roster spot. Multiple posters obsessed with it like the sky is falling.
He sucks but im not obsessed. Im just surprised its gone on this far, yet know how little impact he will have

Reactions: Carter Hart

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
whipping-boy-ohio-state.jpg

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I am watching the MSG replay.....the announcers keep saying Felip Chytl's full name....I swear originally I thought they were saying Filipino....

Reactions: Jtown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->