GDT: Pre-Season #4: Sat., Sept. 21, 2019, Rangers at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I really think TK's PP potential is in the slot. Trigger plays, tips, skating into space. Not puck handling and playmaking on the wall.

Reactions: SnS

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Hahaha these ****ing idiots. Too much man.

BaK_dYlCIAA61mn.jpg

hockey's first meme.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Do i need to bring up coots pp performance pre 2016-2017?

I love Coots. He's incredibly fungible in that spot on PP1 and still performed mediocre. Better in the slot though. That's a far cry from league best. Provorov is the defensive Coots of the PP, except he can only play the point. The usage is more a reward for the ES/PK minutes than an acknowledgment of PP ability.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
See, I actually LIKE changing the unit design from time to time. This reversal should not be the majority of the time. Maybe 20% of the time. But it catches teams off guard. That said, they looked great in the normal set-up too, so they're just feeling it.

Also, Frost really using his edges that shift. Needs more of that agility at this pace.

Reactions: Curufinwe and SnS

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I love Coots. He's incredibly fungible in that spot on PP1 and still performed mediocre. Better in the slot though. That's a far cry from league best. Provorov is the defensive Coots of the PP, except he can only play the point. The usage is more a reward for the ES/PK minutes than an acknowledgment of PP ability.

Put JVR in the slot and anyone right handed in front.

Well, not Stewart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad