Post-Game Talk: Going to ask the Panthers PP to bury me so im let down 1 last time. Cats beat Leafs, face Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Not trying to "we want Toronto" or anything. But I think Tampa is a more dangerous matchup for us. We take a lot of penalties and if Tampa starts smoking us on the powerplay early, it's going to be really hard for us to keep to the aggressive style we want to play with.
tampas pk is also ranked high too, not like it matters now with how our powerplay is going

Last edited:

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
The league doesn't fix games but they can make calls more favorable and I promise you they would rather see Bruins vs Leafs and Panthers vs Lightning

Reactions: Prominence Problem

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Again I really have no expectations once the playoffs start so at this point I honestly don’t care who we match up against. Normally I’d be running scared from Tampa as I still have playoff PTSD with them but if they want to win it all then they’ll have to be prepared to go through anyone. If you want to be the best you gotta beat the best, so it’s on them to get it done. There’s no easy path imo. Every team is good and has a chance. Plus we haven’t faced them in the tkachuk era. Toronto was able to slay that dragon last season so maybe we can too. I just want the divisional title if Boston loses. I’ll take Tampa in round 1 if it means winning the division

Reactions: PSLguy and Vilam

Manc Cat

Feb 28, 2016
Daily reader/lurker, rarely post - surprised to see little to no desire to take a divisional title amongst the posts here. Not like we have a huge number of banners hanging from the rafters, and need to build a winning culture. As someone else said we need to get through a bunch of top teams to win a cup, so i say show that we can beat anyone in our way starting tonight!

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I'm not thinking about better match ups. I just think another Battle for Florida series would be a great series to watch and I'd be all for that. I'd love to conquer our demons (Tampa) as part of an epic run to the cup.

It's this. Both teams are dangerous. Don't kid yourselves, none of these matchups will be anything close to the free series win the Rangers and Hurricanes have lined up in the first round.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
i hope the cats lose now
1713297926208.png

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I'm not thinking about better match ups. I just think another Battle for Florida series would be a great series to watch and I'd be all for that. I'd love to conquer our demons (Tampa) as part of an epic run to the cup.
If we do get them in round 1 and do finally beat them in a series, that’d be one of the most gratifying things in the past several years for me as a fan. Depending on how it plays out, I would possibly even rank that higher than the presidents’ trophy and that really meant a lot to me so that’s saying something.

Our games at 7:30 and Boston starts at 7:00 so we’ll know before our game ends if we have a chance at the division still. Probably around the start of the 3rd I’d imagine

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I don't see how Carolina or NYR barring injury don't make it out of the east barring injuries, essentially having a 1st round bye is an insane advantage and Florida and Boston's play has been trending downward. Tampa is too old and I won't even entertain Toronto winning 3 rounds lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad