2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
For reference, here's his quote. It should be cued up, but 2:04 if not.

I hope I'm wrong, but I am surprised people think this will be a short series for Boston. The Blues are legit, and as Pete DeBoer stated, they are very physical. The Hurricanes were paper tigers compared to these guys.

That may be but who eliminated last year's Stanley Cup champs?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Playoff nails are done!

full

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio

I see Gord Dwyer on the list. He might want to up his game a bit. I just rewatched game 6 of the Leafs series and Dwyer and Charron were the refs. Here are the calls on three successive Leaf power plays, none of which was a legitimate infraction by the B's.

1. Chara called for over-the-glass delay of game when the puck went into the Bruins' bench. Not an actual infraction.

2. Nordstrom called for high-sticking Dermott, when the reason Nordstrom's stick came up was becasue Dermott was slew-footing him. Penalty should have been on Dermott.

3. Coyle called for allegedly taking down Gauthier. Reply shows that Coyle just gave him a love tap on the thigh and Gauthier went down on his own just because he's a big oaf who can't skate.

Amazingly, the B's w0n the game anyway. And people say they've been so lucky because they didn't have to eliminate Tampa or Washington themselves. But they had to beat both Toronto and the refs.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
I see Gord Dwyer on the list. He might want to up his game a bit. I just rewatched game 6 of the Leafs series and Dwyer and Charron were the refs. Here are the calls on three successive Leaf power plays, none of which was a legitimate infraction by the B's.

1. Chara called for over-the-glass delay of game when the puck went into the Bruins' bench. Not an actual infraction.

2. Nordstrom called for high-sticking Dermott, when the reason Nordstrom's stick came up was becasue Dermott was slew-footing him. Penalty should have been on Dermott.

3. Coyle called for allegedly taking down Gauthier. Reply shows that Coyle just gave him a love tap on the thigh and Gauthier went down on his own just because he's a big oaf who can't skate.

Amazingly, the B's w0n the game anyway. And people say they've been so lucky because they didn't have to eliminate Tampa or Washington themselves. But they had to beat both Toronto and the refs.
Oh and these were all of the calls against the B's in the game. So there wasn't a single legitimate call against them.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He can't. Every time he comes out of his crease to play the puck I cringe.
Totally disagree. In these playoffs he's been great at handling the puck. Passing it like a pro. I was impressed.
He help alot against the forecheck.

End of game 4 he did pass directly to a canes player for a goal, but the series where already won. Besides that he's been handling the puck like a pro. Obviously we worked at it.

Last edited:

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
What's your point?
There's 15 guys. 2 of which have guessed more series correctly than wrong in this playoffs. 2 out of 15 ... "experts"
And even those 2 have the tightest lead. :huh:

So 8 out of those 15 picked the Bruins.

My point is pretty self explanatory.
No matter how hard you're trying to downplay it.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
While we're waiting for the series to start, here's a story:

I was in Montreal for a work event Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday night, a bunch of us went out to an Irish pub called Hurley's. Employer's tab. :D At the bar there's a guy wearing a Bruins baseball cap (in Montreal!!). I went over and said "Go Bruins" or something, shook his hand. He didn't speak English, but we managed to understand each other. He mentioned Patrice Bergeron, and we each patted our fist over our hearts in that universal gesture. "Il est mon favori!"

We wished each other luck, threw in another "Go Bruins!" and I went on my way.

Hockey: Connecting people and building bridges – even on hostile ground. :laugh:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
While we're waiting for the series to start, here's a story:

I was in Montreal for a work event Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday night, a bunch of us went out to an Irish pub called Hurley's. Employer's tab. :D At the bar there's a guy wearing a Bruins baseball cap (in Montreal!!). I went over and said "Go Bruins" or something, shook his hand. He didn't speak English, but we managed to understand each other. He mentioned Patrice Bergeron, and we each patted our fist over our hearts in that universal gesture. "Il est mon favori!"

We wished each other luck, threw in another "Go Bruins!" and I went on my way.

Hockey: Connecting people and building bridges – even on hostile ground. :laugh:

I have talked to many Bruins fans here in Ontario, at this time of year everyone wearing Bruins gear is a friend....lol I love the connections!

Reactions: Strafer and Ladyfan

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

Of course, the Blues have also played two additional games.

The goals by period does bring up an interesting point that's similar to the Carolina series. The Blues have struggled in the 1st period in the playoffs. They have a -1 goal differential, compared to even in the 2nd and +11 in the 3rd.

Fast starts will be key for the Bruins, as they are +10 in the 1st.

I'll add special teams as another key factor. The Bruins have the better powerplay and penalty kill.

I'd say Bruins have faced better forwards and goaltending in the playoffs this year, but the Blues defensive corp will be the best they've gone against.

I think we have a long series ahead of us.

Reactions: sooshii

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
He can't. Every time he comes out of his crease to play the puck I cringe.

Rask’s puckhandling is an underrated part of his success, though he is sometimes an adventure with the puck on his stick. Carratu noted that Rask is “saving himself a lot of shots” by stopping pucks behind the net and dishing to his D.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Man , I can't wait for this series to start. I love it when the Bruins go to the SCF, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY WIN!!!!!!!

We got hockey into June , then the draft , then free agency takes us into July. Then we talk shit about all that has happened for another week. That leaves us about two months without much happening in hockey, which is about all I can tolerate. I can't deal with no hockey from April to September like the Habs Fans are doing again this year. All they got to look forward to is the draft. Free agency is fools gold, hope they sign another Carl Alzner type. And I hope SweeNelly has learned to stay away.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->