2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fenway's like the old encycopedia brittanica lol

St Louis and Chicago had quite the civic rivalry over things like the Olympics, a World's Fair but Chicago became the focal point of railroads - not St. Louis.

The sewer was done out of pure spite by Chicago and the Mississippi River makes the Charles look like Poland Springs.

40 years ago it was impossible to get a Budweiser in Chicago because it was a St. Louis beer. One man changed the beer habits of Chicagoans.

Reactions: BMC and BigGoalBrad

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
What’s the bigger story with the Blues. The fact they went from last to the finals. Or the fact that they were a good team but some how managed to be in last place. For me that team never should have been at the bottom. I understand the goalie and coach change. But in no way shape or form were they a last pace team with that roster that’s why I believe the trade never happened. Management new they were way better than they were showing.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
What’s the bigger story with the Blues. The fact they went from last to the finals. Or the fact that they were a good team but some how managed to be in last place. For me that team never should have been at the bottom. I understand the goalie and coach change. But in no way shape or form were they a last pace team with that roster that’s why I believe the trade never happened. Management new they were way better than they were showing.
Very good point. Basically they lost focus and had quite a bit of infighting. The coaching change was very necessary to get those guys on the same page. I was very much in favor of pursuing a big trade with them earlier in the year since I knew those guys didn't forget how to play hockey all of a sudden. Their management played things smart, though, and didn't have a fire sale. I believe the Bs have a good chance to win this series, but I am not taking the Blues as lightly as some Bs fans. I watched them a lot in 2019, and they are pretty freaking solid from top to bottom, with the propensity to get nasty when need be. Been no surprise at all to see them make it this far. I've said all along that the big wildcard for them is Binnington. When he is hot that team is damn near impossible to beat. When he is playing above average they are still tough, but beatable. The good thing is that Tuukka is consistently better than Binnington, and I also believe that Boston is more talented overall, but not by a ton. Anything can happen in a seven game series between teams that play the style these two teams do. If both goalies play well there may very well be a game or three that are decided by puck luck or even by a call or two. It would be a huge benefit to the Bs if they could come out in game 1 and rattle Binnington. Man, I am so pumped for this series. If I were not a fan of either team I would be pumped as well. This is going to be fun.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Orr statue of Cup-winning goal for Bruins against Blues made in St. Louis

"I was asked back then whether it wasn't kind of unusual to have a St. Louis sculptor do a Boston Bruin, particularly since this celebrates Boston beating the Blues," Weber said in the days leading to the 2019 Final. "Well, Bobby is really kind of a bookend, because I've done one of Blues [Hall of Famer] Bernie Federko in front of their arena. So I've got statues in both cities."
As much as Orr did as a player, Weber paid scrupulous attention to detail when creating this statue, commissioned by the Bruins in December 2009. The sculptor had five months to produce it from a first sketch to its installation, much less than the year it can take him for a major piece.

"But it was such an opportunity that my team and I worked 16-hour days to get it done," Weber said. "We were putting the patina on it the day before we packed it in the truck to move it to Boston. It was a lot of fun, though. This was a challenging one."

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Yeah I’m not sure where that passes as humor
DGB used to be kinda funny when he started out, but getting signed up to the big time has not done wonders for his material to say the least. Good for him getting paid but churning out material to meet deadlines seems to be very detrimental to the quality of his writing. Just not funny anymore. At all.

He’s also, obviously, from Toronto. That whole city seems to have collectively gone bonkers lately. I wonder why.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
It's not even close. I think we are the superior team all around.
Imo it won't be a close series.

Seems like you didn't hear the news.
The Blues are the best team in the world and the Cup favorites.
Just like the Jackets were after sweeping Tampa and the Hurricanes were after beating Washington and sweeping the Islanders.

Reactions: Strafer

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
No matter what happens, this team will make the finals for the 3rd time in 8 years which in itself in today's NHL is phenomenal.

Bruins win in 5 with Rask as the MVP.
That would be swell !

I notice that the butt hurt posters on the main board are neither Bruins or Blues fans. Time for those "other" posters to get over it and move on as their posts make them look stupid.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't disagree with what he said.

Why is it crap?

For reference, here's his quote. It should be cued up, but 2:04 if not.

I hope I'm wrong, but I am surprised people think this will be a short series for Boston. The Blues are legit, and as Pete DeBoer stated, they are very physical. The Hurricanes were paper tigers compared to these guys.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
The only thing I see that can lead to a loss in this series are key injuries....
That aside... Bruins in 5
I felt they'd kill the Canes and they did ..the buck stopped there. I took them in 5 vs Canes they swept.
Sorry st Louis nothing personal
But the time is over ...Bruins are in the house now!!!

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->