2019 Stanley Cup Final Pre-Game Talk GAME 1 - 5/27 8:21 PM - Blues return to SCF after 17,914 days to the same city

Which team wins Game 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Was supposed to go to Boston later but it looks like that is now not happening :/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Apologies if this was reported earlier in the thread -- I didn't see it. I don't know what to make of it. I have the vague idea of Dunn as more offensively capable than Gunnarsson, but both play limited minutes. Perhaps Dunn will still be shaking off the rust, ergo present a vulnerability, if he returns after both teams have returned to full tilt later in the series?

Dunn doubtful for Blues in Game 1 of Cup Final against Bruins
Sounds like a head-game. NOT that Dunn is the caliber of Ray Bourque but there was that time back in the early nineties where Bourque was injured. He wasn't expected to play against the Habs and VOILA! He came shooting out of the gate pre-game to a standing ovation. Difference being that Dunn is Dunn not Bourque. But, sometimes coaches play this game of putting the focus on one guy "who may play some time in the series" and VOILA, they're in the lineup. As though it makes THAT big a difference in the long or short run.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Rhian

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I go waaaay back to black and white TV in the late 60s and my dad was a Habs fan . I remember asking during one game who this Bobby Orr guy was that they were yelling about all the time ... the rest was history

For some reason I suspected you were somewhat younger. I mean that as a compliment.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
My friend won't respond to my texts :/

She's pretty flaky anyway so this one is on me for thinking this would be any different
WHAT is wrong with people. I just got "unfriended and blocked" by someone on FB. Have (almost) no idea
wtf I did. So called "adults" act like middle-schoolers is puke inducing.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
For some reason I suspected you were somewhat younger. I mean that as a compliment.
Lol , ya I get that all the time . I usually get pegged about 10-15 years younger when people meet me ... had hair half way down my back till I was 40 , sang in a metal band , ,never owned a suit , always wearing concert shirts . Growing old is mandatory , growing up is optional . Not having kids keeps you young :)

NsBruinsfan

Nov 28, 2008
Halifax, NS
I'm excited and nervous for tonight, it's almost not set in yet. I've been nervous however for every series for the Bruins for the last 32 years, so why stop now! I'm confident in this team, even though I think the Blues will be very tough. Rask needs to continue his stellar play, our top line needs to be our top line and 2/3/4 need to keep rolling like they have all playoffs with strong play from our D.

Reactions: BosBruin2k

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Oh Kate. Ice it and put it up . I am sure the person in front of you at the Garden won't mind your foot on the back of their head :sarcasm:

Haha!

My mom just came by with some fresh ice packs. 35 years old and still need help from mom!

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->