Pre-game day thread vs Cup Winners

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Any other dads bring kid(s) to game tomorrow cuz they're off?

My 8yr old and I are heading over for some proper pregaming with sandwiches and hockey gear.

Scottywiper and Finn.. still here? Coming to game?

Side question. Anyone have luck explaining "saucer pass" to an 8 yr old?

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
I would just say that it is a pass 'off the ice', designed so that the other team has a harder time intercepting it.

IDK if that's even right, as the language changes a bit from time to time. e.g. I've heard some people call a slap shot, a clapper.

But that's what I been taught.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
I would just say that it is a pass 'off the ice', designed so that the other team has a harder time intercepting it.

IDK if that's even right, as the language changes a bit from time to time. e.g. I've heard some people call a slap shot, a clapper.

But that's what I been taught.

There are so many expressions which are difficult to explain to kids. Even if they watch hockey..

"Walk the blueline" comes to mind.

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017

My 8yr old and I are heading over for some proper pregaming with sandwiches and hockey gear.

Im still in New York, but Im skipping the game. Im fairly certain scotty is going to be there.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You could probably find a way to somehow explain a saucer pass using a little bit of stone skipping analogy. All kids should know what that is. Not exactly the same, but an easy way to get the logic down imo.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
There are so many expressions which are difficult to explain to kids. Even if they watch hockey..

"Walk the blueline" comes to mind.

" your mother is a such a b_ _ _ h " is a tough one to explain when the child asks what it means. Is this a hockey only thread ?
Been to a few holiday day games . It's like a Charlie Waffles concert .
LGI

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

A saucer pass is when a player passes the puck in the air and it spins flat like a flying saucer. An 8 year old would likely understand that.

Reactions: Bones45

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad