Pre-Draft Tourney Player Info?

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Hi-
This past weekend I attended a Pre-Draft tourney here in MA. I saw a couple players that I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on or have seen:

Anthony Pisano (D) - St. John's (QMJHL) Listed as 6-6 210 (Reminded me of Hal Gill and that he was very raw and rough around the edges...any other opinions) - Did he play with St. John's last year or is he planning to play for them in 07-08?

Andrew Perugini (G) - Barrie Colts (OHL) Is he there starter? Had a very good tournament until the finals. Not ranked on anyones draft list despite being an '88

Rory Smith (F) - played last year with St. Michael's Buzzers and listed to play for Erie (OHL) next year. Played decent ... has good size

Ben Farrer (F) - listed to play for Calgary (AJHL) had a very good tournament '88

Taylor Stefishin (F) - Langley (BCHL) Tournament MVP and played awesome '90 DOB

Robert Mignardi (F) - listed as playing for Kingston (OHL) a '90 and had a strong tournament

Garret Noiles (F) - very good tournament and no team listed

On last comment: Brendan Smith, Nick Palmieri and Eric Tangradi all played in the tournament. I was very impressed with Nick and Eric and at times they looked like men amongst boys, but Brendan was all over the place. Can someone who has seen him play let me know if he is always really offensive or was it just because of the tournament? I mean he was leaving the zone before his team had control of the puck!! Offensively, he was great, but what a liability in the defensive zone.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
VINMONTY said:
but Brendan was all over the place. Can someone who has seen him play let me know if he is always really offensive or was it just because of the tournament? I mean he was leaving the zone before his team had control of the puck!! Offensively, he was great, but what a liability in the defensive zone.
Yeah, that's him. but you should have seen him last year. even early this year it was mind blowing how a defenceman can play like him.

but he is dramatically improving which is a very good sign. He's very willing to learn.

he's a little behind because of his decision to go to NCAA insted of Major Junior, and spend 2 years in Ontario Junior A, which is not really the place for a top prospect. while it often produces Division 1 NCAA players, and occasionally a solid NHL prospect, it's a huge step behind the western junior a leagues, and the USHL.

Smith seems like a bright player, and should have a good future ahead of him, despite the fact he has a little ways to go

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Hi-
This past weekend I attended a Pre-Draft tourney here in MA. I saw a couple players that I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on or have seen:

Anthony Pisano (D) - St. John's (QMJHL) Listed as 6-6 210 (Reminded me of Hal Gill and that he was very raw and rough around the edges...any other opinions) - Did he play with St. John's last year or is he planning to play for them in 07-08?
Andrew Perugini (G) - Barrie Colts (OHL) Is he there starter? Had a very good tournament until the finals. Not ranked on anyones draft list despite being an '88

Rory Smith (F) - played last year with St. Michael's Buzzers and listed to play for Erie (OHL) next year. Played decent ... has good size

Ben Farrer (F) - listed to play for Calgary (AJHL) had a very good tournament '88

Taylor Stefishin (F) - Langley (BCHL) Tournament MVP and played awesome '90 DOB

Robert Mignardi (F) - listed as playing for Kingston (OHL) a '90 and had a strong tournament

Garret Noiles (F) - very good tournament and no team listed

On last comment: Brendan Smith, Nick Palmieri and Eric Tangradi all played in the tournament. I was very impressed with Nick and Eric and at times they looked like men amongst boys, but Brendan was all over the place. Can someone who has seen him play let me know if he is always really offensive or was it just because of the tournament? I mean he was leaving the zone before his team had control of the puck!! Offensively, he was great, but what a liability in the defensive zone.

last season he played for the oswego admirals in the opjhl, they are a relatively new team, and have had an atlantic district player presence since they were created. the previous season he played little flyers jr a and jr b.

the little flyers director of player developement played in the q, so expect to see many more unknown prospects from that organization playing in the q besides pisano, and tj brennan. theres a ton of real good prospects in the atlantic district, more and more will be going major junior.

VINMONTY

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
How did Hockey Oppurtunity do?

They were really good. Despite winning all their games, they did not make the playoffs with the tie breaker.
BU recruit Joey Pereira was flying and Nick Lampson (listed to go to Colorado College) played very well too.
Mike Periera (I am guess Joey's younger brother) a '91 had a solid tournament.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
stefishen had 56 points in 59 games in the bchl this season. is he a name to remember for the 08 draft???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad