GDT: Pre #6|Thursday, Sep. 26, 2013|Flyers at Devils|7:00 p.m. ET

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Diana C. Nearhos ‏@dianacnearhos 8m

Cousins, McGinn and Holmstrom just left the rink, headed for Newark for the Flyers-Devils preseason game.

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers 38m
Sounds like it's going to be a light load tonight vs. Devils. Scratched: Giroux, Hartnell, Lecavalier, Timonen, Voracek, and others.

Mark Streit is also scratched. Tye McGinn, Nick Cousins and Ben Holmstrom are on their way down from Glens Falls to play.

So they'll probably win this one. :laugh:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Sounds like it's going to be a light load tonight vs. Devils. Scratched: Giroux, Hartnell, Lecavalier, Timonen, Voracek, and others.

Mark Streit is also scratched. Tye McGinn, Nick Cousins and Ben Holmstrom are on their way down from Glens Falls to play.

Nobody wants to play against Jagrrr... :sarcasm:

Anyway, I planned on watching this but, after reading this, I'm not sure if I want to.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nobody wants to play against Jagrrr... :sarcasm:

Anyway, I planned on watching this but, after reading this, I'm not sure if I want to.

Though with those players missing it should give Couts' line more time on ice, which will be fun to watch if tuesday was anything to go by! It will also give Schenn a more central role, as well as Laughton.

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Though with those players missing it should give Couts' line more time on ice, which will be fun to watch if tuesday was anything to go by! It will also give Schenn a more central role, as well as Laughton.

Hmm, Couts with much more space sounds intriguing.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Good, It's preseason, time to get some of the questions answered with the roster. Saw how emery has been, i think Mason needs to have a pretty good game here if we wants to be the starter. (Emery has been the better goalie).

Hoping to see increased minutes for Laughton and Raffl, and hopefully the battle for that 7th/8th D spot.

Time to get everything in order.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
:( Schneider is getting the start because Brodeur left the team for personal reasons. It turns out that Brodeur's father, Denis, passed away.

Denis was formerly a photographer for the Habs.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009

I think the Flyers are paranoid about another injury plagued season.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
So what is the lineup going to be?

Raffl-Laughton-Read
McGinn-Couturier-Vandevelde
Cousins-Holmstrom-Talbot
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

Something like that? Who are the "others" that are scratched?

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Good, It's preseason, time to get some of the questions answered with the roster. Saw how emery has been, i think Mason needs to have a pretty good game here if we wants to be the starter. (Emery has been the better goalie).

Hoping to see increased minutes for Laughton and Raffl, and hopefully the battle for that 7th/8th D spot.

Time to get everything in order.

I don't know why people keep saying Emery has been better. I assume it's because Mason got pelted in the game at London?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
So what is the lineup going to be?

Raffl-Laughton-Read
McGinn-Couturier-Vandevelde
Cousins-Holmstrom-Talbot
Rinaldo-Hall-Rosehill

Something like that? Who are the "others" that are scratched?

I think Simmonds will play.

G, Voracek, Lecav, Hartnell, Kimmo and Streit are the ones who are defo not playing, and you would think that McGinn, Holmstrom and Cousins defo play after call ups. So that leaves:

Raffl-Schenn-Simmonds
Talbot-Couturier-Read
McGinn-Laughton-Vandevelde
Cousins-Holmstrom-Rinaldo
Hall-Rosehill

So any two of those forwards sit, I believe Rinaldo is fit now so should play, I reckon Rosehill sits as he is prob on team whatever.

Mez-Coburn
Schenn-Gus
Grossmann-Gervais
Lauridsen-Gill

and two of those D sit, you think Schenn, (since he sat last night) Lauridsen, Gill and Gervais would be playing. So two who sit may be between Mez, Coburn, Grossmann and Gus, but maybe Gus and Mez more likely to play to evaluate them more.

Last edited:

kudymen

Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I do not believe it is going to be televised anyway

If I understood MSE and one NJD fan correctly, there should be "something":

Also, there will be a feed from the Devils for this game. Broadcast on their website.

On the other hand, my sarcastic point doesn't apply anymore since Jagr is scratched again.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Because Emery has been better.

I don't see that at all. Mason got completely hung out to dry by the B-squad in London. I can't see how you can blame those 3 goals on him. They both have been fairly even imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->