GDT: Pre-6: Bruins 4 at FLYERS 3, Monday, Sept. 24, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Exactly right.

We don’t pick “scapegoats” out of thin air... despite what the contrarians like to suggest.

There’s a very clear pattern.

The “scapegoated” players who get hate (Macdonald, Hagg, Manning, Lehtera, Filppula, Vandevelde, etc) are all awful players who hurt the team.

The “infallible” players who get defended (Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, Konecny, etc) are all great players who help the team.

We don’t sit here, pick a player like Hagg to hate on at random, and decide that they’re bad. We hate the players BECAUSE they’re bad.

And the inverse is true. We want Sanheim in because he helps the team win. We didn’t just pick his name out of a hat and decide we were going to defend him.

Same thing with the coach. Nobody wants him to be bad. He’s hated because he is.
I have the same love / hate relationship with some posters on here , BECAUSE THERE BAD .They get a bone to pick and just won't give up on it , people are entilted to their opinions right or wrong and you don't have to win every arguement . Relax if your over 21 they invented booze for this .

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Exactly right.

We don’t pick “scapegoats” out of thin air... despite what the contrarians like to suggest.

There’s a very clear pattern.

The “scapegoated” players who get hate (Macdonald, Hagg, Manning, Lehtera, Filppula, Vandevelde, etc) are all awful players who hurt the team.

The “infallible” players who get defended (Giroux, Voracek, Ghost, Konecny, etc) are all great players who help the team.

We don’t sit here, pick a player like Hagg to hate on at random, and decide that they’re bad. We hate the players BECAUSE they’re bad.

And the inverse is true. We want Sanheim in because he helps the team win. We didn’t just pick his name out of a hat and decide we were going to defend him.

Same thing with the coach. Nobody wants him to be bad. He’s hated because he is.

Lets not get carried away :)

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I'm sure Hextall and Hakstol discuss this, and it's probably more like the kid isn't ready for a lot of responsibility, so if he's up, he's 3rd pair with MacDonald, playing 15 minutes a night at best ES, and either Myers or Sanheim on the PK. Whereas in the AHL, he'll be on the PP1, the PK and play 20+ minutes a night.

So which would be better for his development?
At this point I don’t know. My guess as it is with most of our young defenders. Ie morin, sanhiem, and Myers they now need to learn the nhl speed. What they need to work on is more that and gaining confidence.

My concern is Myers looks neuter out there playing more like hagg last preseason. It just looks like he is playing the way he was told. Safe and conservative and it’s now being use against him.

Where as last year they had hagg play that way and sanhiem was aggressive and offensive and they used that against him. My concern is that the bar is being moved around and the kids don’t know what they truly need to do to make the team other than wait for injury to less talented and vets that make the same mistakes.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
gritty is here to entertain us because hakstol hockey is so boring

emy8IUi.gif

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Guide says I get the game, but channel still not on and pre game usually is shown. Center ice you better not Hakstol me again, I want to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad