Prashanth Iyer - Rebuilding/Off-season Approach

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
WIIM? Yea, no thanks.

I want actual insight on what this team may or may not actually do. Not another armchair GM saying what they would or wouldn't do.
You're free to disregard an online opinion, but at this time of year, anybody claiming to provide actual insight on the team is blowing smoke. Prior to the draft, teams either stay silent, spew generic cliches, or throw outright lies out there to cover up what they really wanna do.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's pretty crazy how so many people around here talk about Karlsson like he's gonna decline into a 3rd pairing guy halfway into his contract

the guys 28 not 37

Reactions: Tiesgo2vets

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
it's pretty crazy how so many people around here talk about Karlsson like he's gonna decline into a 3rd pairing guy halfway into his contract

the guys 28 not 37

so halfway through a 7 year contract he is 31 or 32. He may not be a 3rd pairing guy, but a case for LTIR

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

the guys 28 not 37

Despite being the clear best defenseman of his generation, the dude has been hit with some really bad injuries the last 2 and a half years. The injuries could take a serious toll on him if they persist.

Reactions: jkutswings

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
I would still take him. If he is injury machine, we suck again and tank high picks. If he goes back to his old form, our rebuild is over.

Just get him here.
Awful risky bet on one player. And the tank would last the length of his contract.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I don't know why (maybe there are reasons) we qualify Sadowy. With all of the recent college signings we may not have room for him. He also leaves out Fulcher. Larsson & Fulcher could battle it out for the Grif's back-up with 1 going to Toledo to get consistent playing time. Heck Mrazek went to Toledo for a while.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Nice work. Won't agree with all, but I would probably buyout Daley, try to sign some UFA (Karlsson or Gardiner), and if no one comes, then extend Kronner. Better have Kronner than Daley mentoring kids, imo.

DeKeyser - UFA(Karlsson/Gardiner) <----Kronwall if no one comes from outside
Ericsson - Green
Cholowski/Hronek/Bowey

No room for Daley.

If nothing happens with 2019 UFA class, then 2020 is another scenario.
2020 summer would look so different, when Ericsson, Green, Daley, Kronwall are all gone nonetheless.

McIsaac pushing in, Lindström joining.

Even without UFAs, it could be:

DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - Lindström
McIsaac - Bowey

Suddenly it's a kid defence, or we could go to Trouba hunt.

Why buyout Daley when he only has a year left?

Edit: unless we’re taking about for opening a roster spot

I’m a Mike Green fanboy so I would love to see him re signed

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

the guys 28 not 37

He’s already declined by a wide margin after his last injury. All it takes is one more and we’re left holding the bag

It means a) the prospect of signing EK has caused posters on this board to turn on each other like wild dogs and, b) if any of us met in person it would be a subject best avoided due to point "a".

I absolutely have no use for EK and while he’s exactly what we need (defense) he just seems like another player that HF overrates

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

the guys 28 not 37

It's the overall mentality in here.

Something bad is gonna happen. Holland is gonna f*** this up. Yzerman can't draft on the 1st round. We win games on a wrong way. Tyler Wright is hopeless at drafting. Blashill coaches wrong. Sky is gonna fall.

If I try to write something optimistic or analytic in here, I get a choir after me that it's not gonna be like that or I am lunatic or crazy person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad