PP line combinations, all our eggs in one basket?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Keep it stacked, and put them on for 1:30 to 2 minutes as Keefe did. Play your best offensive players for the longest time. Make personnel adjustments if needed when they struggle, but the unit should be stacked.
Babcock never figured out as simple as this.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
For me:

Nylander/Tavares/Matthews
Dermott/Barrie

Hyman/Spezza/Robertson
Rielly/Marner

Let the fighting begin :laugh:

I certainly can understand the desire to stack one PP group. The offensive power we have is pretty special. However, I view our team's greatest chance for success not through the power play, but through our overall speed and the ability to roll fresh legs, especially in this first series. By all means, give PP1 1.20 of the 2 minute PP, but don't gas anyone.

Reactions: shanwhatplan

NJG

Jun 27, 2015
LINE 1:
MARNER - MIKHEYEV (NET PRESENCE/SCREENS) - MATTHEWS

BARRIE - RIELLY

LINE 2:

NYLANDER - SPEZZA (NET PRESENCE/SCREENS) - TAVARES

KAPANEN - DERMOTT

Two balanced and jacked lines one minute each if possible on the PP.

Reactions: meefer

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
LINE 1:
MARNER - MIKHEYEV (NET PRESENCE/SCREENS) - MATTHEWS

BARRIE - RIELLY

LINE 2:

NYLANDER - SPEZZA (NET PRESENCE/SCREENS) - TAVARES

KAPANEN - DERMOTT

Two balanced and jacked lines one minute each if possible on the PP.

Interesting, I've not seen enough of Mikheyev to form an opinion as to whether he could be a 'net presence', but would think he has the size and strength to do it. I might suggest swapping Marner and Nylander. Your take has only Matthews as a true trigger man on PP1, sorry Mitch. With Nylander, Barrie and Morgan have two shooters as options for a good shot on net. On PP2 both Spezza and JT can snipe, again two options, and I'd argue dropping Mitch to the point with Dermott and move Kappy up to the wing...or Hyman (or Robertson if he can make the grade). Regardless, I'd split time more towards a 1.20:40 vs a 1:1 split.

Shows we have flexibility, whichever way we proceed.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I'm just wondering if league officials will even call a penalty against Columbus so this might all be pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->