News Article: Powers: No short term plans to allow fans to either Hawks or Bulls games

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hawks were advertising season tickets for next year on a broadcast recently so maybe next season is their target date, makes sense to wait at this point.
Cubs/Sox can have fans this year because it's an outdoor venue. Indoor/Outdoor makes a huge difference with regard to covid spread. An indoor event has a much higher likelihood of becoming a superspreader. It makes sense that indoor events will be allowed only after more people are vaccinated.

Reactions: Pez68

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Clearly depends on the Covid situation but it would be nice if either Bulls or Hawks make the playoffs (start May 11/18) a small amount of fans would be allowed to attend.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
It would be an awesome gesture to allow front-line workers (especially those in health care) who have been fully vaccinated to attend games, at a reduced cost or free. It would also require UC staff to be vaccinated as well... perhaps that is why it won't happen?

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
It would be an awesome gesture to allow front-line workers (especially those in health care) who have been fully vaccinated to attend games, at a reduced cost or free. It would also require UC staff to be vaccinated as well... perhaps that is why it won't happen?

Yeah that would be a total slam dunk from a PR perspective.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Makes sense. No reason to break from the norm, at this point. We are in the home stretch.

Not sure why it would require the UC staff to be vaccinated. If all their customers are, the risk is very low.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Not sure why it would require the UC staff to be vaccinated. If all their customers are, the risk is very low.

Researchers aren't certain of the probability of a vaccinated person spreading the virus. The articles I've read have them conceding that it is a possibility.

Furthermore, I think the boost to public morale by a move like getting frontline workers into games as a thank you would justify getting UC workers into the vaccination group. What are we talking about 2-300 people?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Researchers aren't certain of the probability of a vaccinated person spreading the virus. The articles I've read have them conceding that it is a possibility.

Furthermore, I think the boost to public morale by a move like getting frontline workers into games as a thank you would justify getting UC workers into the vaccination group. What are we talking about 2-300 people?

The data is showing that vaccination reduces the spread 90%+. Yeah, its a possibility, but it's extremely low.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad