Line Combos: Powerplay units?

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
I know we are 3rd in the league on the PP. But that's because of Markov-Subban. I feel like we could be even better. We are probably the only team that shufflese 3 different pp units. I'd like to see 2 units that stays together.

Heres mine :

Whats yours?

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
keep the actual PP unit and replace Bouillon by a forward who can take a shot (since we don't have any other good PP defenseman)

there you go!

Analyzer*

As long as once the puck gets low, the opposite player collapse to the net and doesn't stand back near boards essentially taking him out of the play.

KoZed

Mar 28, 2009
Q
I don't want to see Diaz and Gionta on the PP anymore. Diaz looks like a deer in headlights everytime he has the puck at the point and a defender pressuring him. Plus he's got the worst hand-eye coordination ever for an alleged "PP defensemen". Can't keep a puck in the O zone.

Gionta is done. Over. He can't shoot anymore, and was never a good passer to begin with. That plus he always seems a fraction of a second late or a few inches away to retrieve pucks along the boards. At this point, he's a liability on the PP.

I'd give Emelin 2nd PP time and keep PK on for the full 2 mins. Then have Plekanec, Briere (because it takes another RH shot) and Pacioretty. I'd try to set up either PK at the point or Pacioretty in the slot. To mix things up, send it to Briere behind the net or have Plekanec take shots.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Replace Bouillon with Emelin in the current set up. Emelin is already signed going forward, no reason to not give him PP time in some kind of fear he'll produce and make himself more valuable.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I want to see Galchenyuk with Pacioretty on the PP.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I'm surprised they don't. Their whole plan is to get the puck to him and hope something comes of it.

Maybe that's why the 2nd unit sucks so bad. The plan is still" Get the puck to subban", all the while thinking " I can't find him!! Where is he!!?".

Markowicz

Simple Jacques
Feb 27, 2009
I'm surprised they don't. Their whole plan is to get the puck to him and hope something comes of it.

Yeah i mean if the coach is deadset at keeping him off the PK, it seems like a no-brainer that he stays on the ice for the full 2 min PP. Subban should be playing 25 minutes a game, minimum. Yes he may make mistakes, but the offense needs him badly to create things.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
They could just keep subban on for the full 2 minutes and swap markov for diaz.

I said this earlier this year and i still don't know why they don't do it. Subban is near his prime and he can play the full 2 minutes without a problem.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I just don't get it. Are we all really that stupid that we all just don't see what "great" coaching decisions Therrien makes regarding Subban? You would think the actual coach would know better than people on an online forum but it's really an instance where I find myself questioning that.

Therrien is very lucky Subban isn't the type of player to just "turn off" when a coach wears out his welcome. I hate the double standard that PK can't make mistakes but Diaz and Bouillon are given a 1000 yard leash.

Why is Bouillon on the PP? PK should be on the PP full 2 minutes. Markov for 1 full minute minimum. The final d-man being Diaz or Emelin, worst case scenario a forward like Briere. We aren't going to get Cube working on the power play, may as well give a forward that opportunity.

I don't get how Therrien doesn't play PK on the PK either, I find Subban excels when playing big minutes as a #1.

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
PP1:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere
Subban - Markov

PP2:
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Emelin - Diaz

-Diaz and Markov could be switched.
-Get Gionta and Bouillon off the damn PP.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
PP1:
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere
Subban - Markov

PP2:
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gallagher
Emelin - Diaz

-Diaz and Markov could be switched.
-Get Gionta and Bouillon off the damn PP.

I'd prefer Josh Gorges over Emelin on the PP. Yes Gorges shot is weak, but at least he can hit the net.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
First ppl complain about Bouillon too much being on the pp, he is usually out there for the last 30 seconds, most of which is spent trying to gain the zone.

IMO what I don't like is seeing the young guys, Eller, and the Gally's together, I think a Eller has like 2 points all year on the pp. IMO they need to split them on the pp, put some vets. Playing the pp is a lot harder than some think.

I'd go with Plek Pacioretty, gallager, then Galchenyuk Briere, Gionta/Bourque.

First unit with Pacioretty on the halfwallPlek behind the net in the corner and Gally infront.

Then Briere on the left half wall, Galchenyuk down load and Gio infront of the net.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
First ppl complain about Bouillon too much being on the pp, he is usually out there for the last 30 seconds, most of which is spent trying to gain the zone.

IMO what I don't like is seeing the young guys, Eller, and the Gally's together, I think a Eller has like 2 points all year on the pp. IMO they need to split them on the pp, put some vets. Playing the pp is a lot harder than some think.

I'd go with Plek Pacioretty, gallager, then Galchenyuk Briere, Gionta/Bourque.

First unit with Pacioretty on the halfwallPlek behind the net in the corner and Gally infront.

Then Briere on the left half wall, Galchenyuk down load and Gio infront of the net.

Bouillon was playing a full minute not too long ago. MT changed his mind after people was complaining about Subban's minutes.

kassian

Sep 27, 2010
Montreal
I'd prefer Josh Gorges over Emelin on the PP. Yes Gorges shot is weak, but at least he can hit the net.

ROFL no. Emelin was the defensive PP anchor on the Russian national team years ago and is known to excel on the PP. Too bad the management is so oblivious to that. The Russian Wall has produced more than Bouillon at the moment he tore his ACL than Cube did this season and last combined AND the PP time.

And Gorges on the PP? C'mon son. He's already playing tough defensive minutes as it is. No need to play him on the 2nd PP wave when we all know Emelin's better than him offensively.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Bouillon was playing a full minute not too long ago. MT changed his mind after people was complaining about Subban's minutes.

Subban avgs 4.27 on the pp on a night with Bouillon getting 1.31, he doesn't get a min each pp.

Shaby23

Mar 30, 2012
Quebec
ROFL no. Emelin was the defensive PP anchor on the Russian national team years ago and is known to excel on the PP. Too bad the management is so oblivious to that. The Russian Wall has produced more than Bouillon at the moment he tore his ACL than Cube did this season and last combined AND the PP time.

And Gorges on the PP? C'mon son. He's already playing tough defensive minutes as it is. No need to play him on the 2nd PP wave when we all know Emelin's better than him offensively.

My first option is to play Subban the full 2 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad