Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Is our PP finally gong to work

I got
Iginla Krejci Eriksson
Hamilton Krug

Marchand Spooner Lucic
Bergeron Chara(sigh would rather Boychuck but I know Chara will be on the first unit)

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore

I got
Iginla Krejci Eriksson
Hamilton Krug

Marchand Spooner Lucic
Bergeron Chara(sigh would rather Boychuck but I know Chara will be on the first unit)

Looks good except I wouldn't write Spooner into the lineup just yet.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
The PP was surprisingly good in the playoffs this year. And it was right around 25% in the Final. Add in Iginla and Eriksson and I think we might finally a see PP that can score key goals.

I'm hoping it's Krug and Hamilton who are permitted to make opposing PK units finally fear our PP. As opposed to having to kill penalties while buckled over laughing. Of course w/ help from Iggy's one-timer from the left circle. Krug and Iggy will create that double threat we haven't had since Savard and Chara.

Jags stabilized our PP from that right circle. Have to give him credit for that.

But, yeah, we could finally have something here. And, Chara should be no where near the first unit.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Special Teams

We have a thread about line combos but our PP/PK has taken a hit with the loss of Horton, Seguin and Peverley and need to be overhauled in order to fill in the voids they leave.

So who's on the PP and who's on the PK?

Does Claude stick with the 1st line as PP unit 1 or does he mix and match?

Who replaces Pevs on the 2nd PK Unit?

I will say that I want no part of Krejci on the PK. He's great in a pinch but he's to valuable offensively to have him play in all situations and he looks lethargic at times when he does.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
We have a thread about line combos but our PP/PK has taken a hit with the loss of Horton, Seguin and Peverley and need to be overhauled in order to fill in the voids they leave.

So who's on the PP and who's on the PK?

Does Claude stick with the 1st line as PP unit 1 or does he mix and match?

Who replaces Pevs on the 2nd PK Unit?

I will say that I want no part of Krejci on the PK. He's great in a pinch but he's to valuable offensively to have him play in all situations and he looks lethargic at times when he does.
I would fully expect Eriksson to replace Peverley on the PK.

As for the PP units, much more of an unknown here but I'll guess PP1 is 4 forwards (Iginla, Lucic, Bergeron, Eriksson) and Chara. PP2 Dougie and Krug manning the points with Krejci, Marchand and Soderberg up front. Could see Krejci and Bergeron flipped too but who knows.

That's not what I want to see (give me Dougie-Krug together on PP1 with Chara on PP2 plz) but rather what I expect to see.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
I'm hoping it's Krug and Hamilton who are permitted to make opposing PK units finally fear our PP. As opposed to having to kill penalties while buckled over laughing. Of course w/ help from Iggy's one-timer from the left circle. Krug and Iggy will create that double threat we haven't had since Savard and Chara.

Jags stabilized our PP from that right circle. Have to give him credit for that.

But, yeah, we could finally have something here. And, Chara should be no where near the first unit.

^ This :handclap::handclap:.

Getting Chara off the PP solves multiple problems . 1) It opens up the PP to be driven from the half boards in , while still having the threat of a point blast from Krug/Hamilton/Boychuck. 2) It adds speed to the blueline so Claude doesn't feel he needs to cover up the point opposite Chara. 3) It gives Chara an extra 5-6 mins(hopefully the B's didn't draw many penalties this year) rest per night.

I would entertain using Chara net front when down a goal late in games either with the goalie pulled or on a traditional PP though. This is risky for injury but he's such a big body it creates havoc for the opposition.

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006

I got
Iginla Krejci Eriksson
Hamilton Krug

Marchand Spooner Lucic

I just can't see Clode putting Hamilton and Krug out there together. I'd love to see it, but if it isn't Chara he'll throw Boychuk out there.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
I just can't see Clode putting Hamilton and Krug out there together. I'd love to see it, but if it isn't Chara he'll throw Boychuk out there.

Hamilton and Krug were the point men on there unit against the Rangers, Krug scored a goal off of a Hamilton pass aswell.

Yeah second unit without Spooner would be the Yeti.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad