Power Up The Power Play

UltimateHKY

Furthermore to the heightened screens, the power play needs to settle down. While some of Dave Cameron’s altered combos are better able to pick their spots and more or less stick to them, there are other times where the players on for the man advantage are running around the zone like pee-wee players, chasing the puck around and not staying in a defined area to help open up clear passing opportunities. This could result partially from these jumbled line combos and players trying to find a chemistry and balance if they’re assigned to unfamiliar spots, but there are other times where it just seems that they don’t have the drive to do things right.

Article here: http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/uhn-│-senators-power-up-the-power-play/

With a pair of PP goals last night in Dallas, have the Sens turned their power play around?

www.UltimateHockeyNetwork.com
@joshwald @UltimateHKY

Let us know if you have any interest contributing for us at UHN. We're always looking for more writers passionate about hockey! [email protected]

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nope

WE scored PP goals against garbage teams and we still didn't look great

This team blows chunks

If you actually take a look at our PP for that 0 for 28 stretch, we had some good chances. There were serveral power plays where we looked out of sync, but there were some where we entered the zone easily, had great puck movment, got good looks at the net, but just didn't capitalize. People are over-exagerating it, imo the PP wasn't all that bad during the drought, with a few notable exceptions (those 3 on 5 chances come to mind).

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I meant we didn't look great on the PP last night

The PP goal MacArthur got was at the tail end of one of the most horrific PP I've witnessed

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I meant we didn't look great on the PP last night

The PP goal MacArthur got was at the tail end of one of the most horrific PP I've witnessed

That was a terrible PP. That said, we had some good ones that game too, none I'd call great, but I find people expect every PP opportunity to be a Rembrandt, when in reality, most are just a fresh coat of paint for the appartment you're trying to rent.

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
The different approach has increased our chance of scoring on the power play. Pass PP were configured using mostly umbrella play. The last two games, they have been putting more traffic in front of the net and chipping the puck in the traffic while picking up rebounds.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I've noticed them using Karlsson's one timer way more frequently than they used to. Less passing around and waiting for stuff to happen and getting strong one timers off more frequently like Mac's multiple one timers from the slot.

Last edited:

Backpass

Jan 4, 2015
Before the game against the Coyotes, our power play was very predictable. Umbrella formation with shots coming from the top or one timers from Zibanejad/Turris on the left side. One or two guys in front of the net screening shots and taking rebounds. All the shots were taken from the outside the other team PK box. Now we are putting more circulation inside that box and simply putting the puck to the net while taking the rebounds.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
Just a reminder that this thread is brought to us by PowerSauce

Powersauce: Power up the PowerPlay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad