Speculation: Power Speculation: SJS need to clear 2 mill to acquire Karlsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
No chance Sens take that.

nope. classic case of wanting to keep all the top young roster players while giving up an only OK Dillon, a bunch of picks and choices that don't make the Sens better anytime soon. if i'm the Sens, the Sharks don't get away with keeping all of the young roster players, and i'm asking for Hertl, because he's a good player and he's a fairly big salary dump, Merkley, 2019 1st rounder, which will likely be a low one, some such ask like that.

and before SJ fans get all defensive and automatically say "Hertl? no deal", don't put it past the Sharks IF THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING A CUP ! the Sharks really are running out of time with an older team and Karlsson is an MVP and Norris winner so he's not applesauce !

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
nope. classic case of wanting to keep all the top young roster players while giving up an only OK Dillon, a bunch of picks and choices that don't make the Sens better anytime soon. if i'm the Sens, the Sharks don't get away with keeping all of the young roster players, and i'm asking for Hertl, because he's a good player and he's a fairly big salary dump, Merkley, 2019 1st rounder, which will likely be a low one, some such ask like that.

and before SJ fans get all defensive and automatically say "Hertl? no deal", don't put it past the Sharks IF THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING A CUP ! the Sharks really are running out of time with an older team and Karlsson is an MVP and Norris winner so he's not applesauce !
Hertl a cap dump ?
Now that I waited you you can take a walk

Reactions: Bizz

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Seems like something could be done along the lines of Hertl/Braun/Merkley? How blue chip is Merkley?

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Merkley is about as off limits as McDavid is to the Oilers. Just stop.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
What did the Senators get for Chara before he went off to become a perennial Norris candidate and HOF?

Oh that's right nothing.

Be lucky there's a team you can trade him to that has the space and good enough assets to make room for him.

a 1st, Braun, and Norris is more than enough for a rental.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
What did the Senators get for Chara before he went off to become a perennial Norris candidate and HOF?

Oh that's right nothing.

Be lucky there's a team you can trade him to that has the space and good enough assets to make room for him.

This is bad.

Reactions: bert

oilwave

Jan 15, 2011
Edmonton
I didn't look through the entire thread to see if someone asked this before, so my apologies if someone did...

But what in the blue hell is "Power Speculation?"
I just looked through this entire thread. No one else seems to care. But I really want to know what constitutes "power speculation" as well.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Oh that's right nothing.

Idiotic post. 'Lucky someone to take him'. Grow up he's the best d man alive in his prime.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Hertl a cap dump ?
Now that I waited you you can take a walk

I assume the poster meant cap dump, as in, he helps balance out the amount of cap coming in from Karlsson, going out in Hertl.

Not as in, he sucks and is just thrown in to balance cap, because otherwise that poster is saying they would trade Karlsson for Merkley, 1st. +cap dump. Which I highly doubt based on the context of the post.

@Dan Kelly I agree, unhappily however, that Hertl would be a very real possibility to be moved for Karlsson. There were already reports in the offseason during the Sharks bid for Tavares, that Hertl could have been traded for something at the time.

I personally would not trade Hertl in a deal for Karlsson, and especially not with Merkley and a 1st. Karlsson is a stud obviously, but he is a luxury on a team that already has his near equal in Burns. We have no one in the pipeline to replace Hertl's role on this team. So although I 100% agree Hertl could/should be in a Karlsson deal, I really hope if we make a trade for him, Hertl is not included.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
lol, Hertl would become their best forward by a wide margin.

Yes, he's better than Duchene.

lol
Hertl isn’t anywhere near the caliber of duchene or stone, I mean that’s a joke right?

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

Don't forget that whatever draft picks they would get from SJ...with Karlsson on their roster would likely be in the 25-30 range

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB

no, no is wouldn't...and isn't..hed be ONE of their best forwards...not THE best.

A good player yes, but one that's never eclipsed 50points.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

Mark Stone is 10x the player Hertl is and will ever be. Though, I know you're just trolling.

I personally don't think San Jose has the assets to make a deal happen. Merkley is too big a gamble to trade the best d-man in the league for. Other than him, their young players don't really interest me.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Yeah, in what ways?
It's not worth arguing over...trust me ha it will never end and neither side will admit defeat.

I'm a Sharks fan and love Hertl but the hype he has on our board is borderline crazy. He's an advanced stats darling that has yet to actually produce. The excuses (injury, usage, linemates, ect) make sense but at some point you need to score to be worth what our board thinks he is worth.

He's one of those players where the value to the team he is on is 10x what his value would be to other teams

Reactions: seroes

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
It's not worth arguing over...trust me ha it will never end and neither side will admit defeat.

I'm a Sharks fan and love Hertl but the hype he has on our board is borderline crazy. He's an advanced stats darling that has yet to actually produce. The excuses (injury, usage, linemates, ect) make sense but at some point you need to score to be worth what our board thinks he is worth.

He's one of those players where the value to the team he is on is 10x what his value would be to other teams
Pretty much.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Mark Stone is 10x the player Hertl is and will ever be. Though, I know you're just trolling.

I personally don't think San Jose has the assets to make a deal happen. Merkley is too big a gamble to trade the best d-man in the league for. Other than him, their young players don't really interest me.
10x?

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

Kind of like JGP for Sens

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

IF THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING A CUP, then they can’t trade Hertl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->