Power Rankings - Pick The 2nd Worst Team in the Eastern Conference (Position 14)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Hey guys, I've done this every year for seemingly a decade...let's do this again.

But this time, we are picking from the bottom up.

Pick the 3rd WORST team in the Eastern Conference:

Teams Per Division (Unranked)
Atlantic Division:
Boston Bruins
Buffalo Sabres
Detroit Red Wings
Florida Panthers
Montreal Canadiens
Ottawa Senators
Tampa Bay Lightning
Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division:
Carolina Hurricanes
Columbus Blue Jackets
New Jersey Devils
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Philadelphia Flyers
Pittsburgh Penguins
Washington Capitals

---------------------------------------------------------
Projected Standings Based on Polls:
Atlantic Division:
1)?
2)?
3)?
4)?
5)?
6)?
7)?
8)Toronto Maple Leafs

Metropolitan Division:
1)?
2)?
3)?
4)?
5)?
6)?
7)?
8)Carolina Hurricanes
---------------------------------------------------------
Playoff Matchups:

#1 Seed VS Worst Wild Card Team
Other Division Winner VS 2nd Worst Wild Card Team
Seed #2 in Metro VS Seed #3 in Metro
Seed #2 in Atlantic VS Seed #3 in Atlantic

Make sure you choose the 3rd worst team. Please mention any corrections to me via PM in case I mess up anything..i don't read every post usually.

Poll coming...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sabres then Devils.

Schneider will keep the Devils higher than they should be

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I had a tough time with this one. It was between the Devils and the Sabres, but I ended up going with the Devils.

Still, the Devils have a very legitimate #1 in Schneider. They also have a very good defensive group still developing. Up front, they're looking flat, but they have some vets and some rookies working their way in. I think they're a wild card this year. They could actually do decently. They still have talent there, and I don't think their pool is as bad as most think it is.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I had a tough time with this one. It was between the Devils and the Sabres, but I ended up going with the Devils.

Still, the Devils have a very legitimate #1 in Schneider. They also have a very good defensive group still developing. Up front, they're looking flat, but they have some vets and some rookies working their way in. I think they're a wild card this year. They could actually do decently. They still have talent there, and I don't think their pool is as bad as most think it is.

If by decent you mean finish around 10th-12th in the East, then yes, it's possible. But doubtful. Would be very surprised if they finished ahead of more than 2 or 3 teams in the conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad